Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Good set from Morrissey
  • geoffj

Nice mix of Smiths and later material
    That is all (-:

Spongebob
    Free Member

I was just wondering why was this bloke ever successful. The monodrone of his voice is the same on every song.

vegasdave
    Free Member

Spongebob,you’ve got no soul……or taste!

Spongebob
    Free Member

I SSSSSOOOOOO have!!!!!

Morrissey is a perennially souless moaning git!

geoffj

Morrissey is a perennially souless moaning git!

True, but he writes a good lyric and he has a decent backing band.

Oh and Johnny Marr is THE God!

vegasdave
    Free Member

You Soooo haven’t!!!! 😀

gwj72
    Free Member

Good set, not great by his standards. lots of Vaux and I is always a good thing. This charming man needs some twang, that guitar arrangement is dreadful.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

spongebob
    He is certainly a misery, but I think his inspiration was originally all about those tortured teenage years. have you listened to their early albums? I’m not a big fan at all, but the first few albums are worth a listen, lyrically very good I think.

elaineanne
    Free Member

he was ace in the morrisey days… :wink:…… anyone else think he looked taller when he was much slimmer ? middle age sure does shrink you…. lol you wont be able to see me soon..being 5ft small already… 😉 :mrgreen:

kimbers

johnny marr made the smiths good, morriseys been dining out on it for years his later stuff is pap imho

M6TTF
    Free Member

dull – and unfortunately no one lobbed a pint at him so he stayed on for the full set

gwj72
    Free Member

@kimbers – don’t know about that. Suede head is one of the best pop songs ever written. Nowt to do with Marr. Also have you heard Marr’s album “boomslang”. Most won’t have..

Guitar genius, absolutely. And a nice bloke too – I met him a couple of years back. But Morrisey doesn’t have to thank him for anything.

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

Agreed. Morrissey and Marr were equally important to The Smiths.

Would love to see a proper reunion, but I think the chances of that are slim in the extreme.

brooess
    Free Member

You need to listen properly to Morrissey to get him. It’s not really misery, it’s describing life with brutal honesty, especially the stuff we don’t like to acknowledge. Which is why it sounds negative and he tends to split people into haters and lovers. Personally i find it inspiring
    I’m looking forward to seeing him at Hop Festival next weekend

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Good set from Morrissey’ is closed to new replies.