Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Good news! Stolen Pace recovered!!!
  • nouveau
    Free Member

Good news for a change…..My stolen Pace was recovered by the police on Wednsesday….Want to know what happened? Well, what it is right……

I got a call from the British Transport Police on Wednesday afternoon. They'd seen a couple of guys who were up to no good, who started causing trouble in my neighbourhood.. Hang on no. I mean a couple of guys who were acting in a dodgy fashion by the bike shed at Bristol Parkway station. They approached 'em, they tried to run off in a car and the police nicked 'em. As they were caught red handed with a stolen wheel from a parked bike, the Police were able to use a "Section 18" where they can go and do a search of the suspects premises. Where they found my bike! I popped in to the station, gave a statement and removed the bizarre selection of accessories that had been added (rear mudguard clamped on to the stem etc). But the bike was in perfect condition apart from that.

Not bad eh? The rotters are being tried soonish and apparently I might get compensation for my lights wot went missing. After a couple of rounds of "it's my bike" and "My mate leant it me", they confessed to having got on to the train I was riding at Cheltenham and leaving with bike at Parkway. I'm usually more vigilant with bikes on trains, but I'd been riding for hours, it was about midnight etc etc. Will lock it up next time 🙂

So…. Be nice to the Police and don't give up if you have something robbed. Thanks everyone for your concern and support and tell people about this +ve outcome!

coffeeking
    Free Member

Wooo!

That's great news! Well done the police, good work there. As usual, a box of chocs or something for the police as a thankyou maybe?

4ndyB
    Free Member

Great news!

simonk
    Free Member

Awesome news indeed 😀

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Good news Nouv, do you know what area these **** hailed from?

2hottie
    Free Member

Police can't accept gifts due to being public service etc…. best thing to do would be write a letter to the forces chief constable who can reward those involved.

Good news for the op, and a result for Police.

tankslapper
    Free Member

Congrats!

nouveau
    Free Member

Yeah, I asked a copper mate what to do, I was gonna make them some brownies or something- he said it's better to give them some positive feedback another way. Will do! I'm so chuffed!

stumpy01

Nice one…..

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Did you get in one little fight, and your Ma got scared?
    😉

nouveau
    Free Member

Yep, she said you're moving to you're auntie and uncle in Bel Air.

And waggled her finger at me.

MrAgreeable

I now have a sudden urge to use the phrase "Yo homes, smell you later!" in a conversation.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Aceness!

oomidamon

Kingtut – Leeds, at a guess.

nouveau
    Free Member

Ah…… happy Friday folks!!

barney
    Free Member

Kingtut – Leeds, at a guess.

Oi! 🙂

coffeeking
    Free Member

Police can't accept gifts due to being public service etc…. best thing to do would be write a letter to the forces chief constable who can reward those involved.

Fairly sure no-one would argue if you left a wrapped package for each of the officers involved. Might not be "legal" but it's done despite this in many many places. However the other route might also be worth while if they have a decent boss.

MrNutt
    Free Member

good news mate, lets see another picture of that lovely retro pace beauty then!

coffeeking
    Free Member

Incidentally, the rules for each police force are individual, but here's a welsh police one…

Gifts can only be accepted if they are trivial in value (calendars, diaries etc) and not accepted from outside contractors. Frequent regular gifts constitute a breach of policy also.

And here's another, similar one, from Gwent police:
    http://www.gwent.police.uk/documents/f_o_i/policies/AcceptanceofGiftsandHospitalityPolicy.pdf
    The rules are only there to prevent serious financial gain and bribery, not to stop people showing gratitude to individual officers.

Brainflex

give em a pack of jaffa cakes! coppers love brew time.

CountZero

Big bag of Sainsbury's donuts always sits well. So pleased it all ended well.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Good news! Stolen Pace recovered!!!’ is closed to new replies.