Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Good Luck tonight!
  • IanMunro
    Free Member

The first week after the clocks go back always seems especially hairy on a bike, with various car drivers vaguely meandering around the place whilst they try and remember how the lights switch on.
    So good luck fellow commuters, and try not to get squished 🙂

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Amen to that – the additional hazard of a layer of damp leaves which a) has no grip and b) hides the edge of the road/path is equally helpful 😐

tails
    Free Member

haha! thanks I’ll try not to get squashed maybe I’ll take the scenic route through the woods.

alfabus
    Free Member

I generally think it’s a bit better for it to be ‘proper’ dark, rather than dusk.

At least now it will be dark enough for lights to be noticed, rather than the last few weeks when it has been dingy and I have been studiously ignored and cut up.

Dave

tails
    Free Member

well i got some verbal but thats all, was lit up like a xmas tree as well!!

druidh
    Free Member

Eh – it’s been dark after work for weeks now. Are the rest of you part-timers? 😉

Stu_N

I’m glad it’s proper dark now too.

The low sun (yes, unlikely as it sounds we’ve had that) and twilight seem much worse than real darkness both when riding and driving.

Tonight’s torrential rain was not appreciated though. No sir.

mrchrispy

time to break out the dinottes and engage eptoflash mode

cp

I find my lumi LED conversion prevents people pulling out on me when dark/dusk!

This morning though, I set off a wee bit later, so it was light. Didn’t bother switching the bike light on… my commute is 2 miles. in a half mile stretch of that I had to take avoiding action (like majorly swerving out of the way) 3 times!!

seems people are struggling to wake up aswell…

IanMunro
    Free Member

Only saw the aftermath of one small shunt between cars last night at a junction. And another this morning. 4 more days to survive 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Good Luck tonight!’ is closed to new replies.