Viewing 36 posts - 81 through 116 (of 116 total)
  • Good looking dh bikes
  • RealMan
    Free Member

<3

RustyNissanPrairie

Defo Brooklyn

Look even better close up;

RealMan
    Free Member

To me a BMW just looks like a bunch of scaffold poles jammed together at weird angles. Close up it looks like someone has dropped a spanner in there and it’s got stuck.

legend
    Free Member

This thread is massively full of fail! Instead of ‘the best looking dh bikes’ basically every DH bike ever has been posted, and half of them are mingin’ 🙄

Plus Lahars look like:

partickbateman
    Free Member

There is something appealing about raw functionality though. Remember the Millyard?

Looks like a lighting gantry. But, apparently a giant leap forward in functionality, all from somebody’s shed. All of a sudden lighting gantrys have sex appeal.

Anyone know what happened to them?

tazzymtb

I do like sinister, although FTW has left to do his own thing again

pastcaring
    Free Member

@RustyNissanPrairie love your killer-b (racelink) it’s been a long time since i owned one.

Phototim
    Free Member

hhhmmmm, antidote are still alive and kicking. Interesting rear triangle design.

ianv
    Free Member

No one in their right mind could describe the early Konas as good looking and that Tomac looks like something sold in JJB sports.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

robsoctane
    Free Member

That black & gold Scalpel is the sexiest bike I’ve ever seen, Devinci closely follows.

trailflow
    Free Member

this

and

andrewh
    Free Member

partickbateman
    Free Member

Ok, if we’re getting retro…

I remember riding this at the Malvern classic when it first came out – ’94 I think. Was about 14. I would have done virtually anything for it. 8 inches of travel! You could ride off anything! I would be invincible!

This pic bringing back a lot of memories:

zangolin
    Free Member

Just for you Robsoctane here’s a pic in the local woods 😉

Deveron53
    Free Member

grum
    Free Member

Just for you Robsoctane here’s a pic in the local woods

I hope you’re very very fast – otherwise it would be quite embarrassing to have such a blingy bike. 😛

(slow owner of bike with lots of anodised gold bits here)

RealMan
    Free Member

Yeah zangolin that is lovely.

michaelmcc
    Free Member

The Schwinn Straight 8 is a sweet looking bike i loved back in the day, not sure if it’s still being made though.

xiphon
    Free Member

Millyard – only built the bike for his son to race DH on. Never went into ‘production’. Apparently the air can is the same design as what they use on British tanks? His mate designed them, and so borrowed his ideas. I read an interesting article about them (interview with them). The DH bike was designed on massive sheets of paper on the shed wall – literally, drew it life size first time.

Millyard’s most recent creation, as far as I know, is this… the V10 bike. Yes, he squeezed an 8.0L V10 between 2 wheels.

http://improvelife.info/links/v65/special/bikes/millyard.htm

207mph bike… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbUrIwA9jVE

zangolin
    Free Member

I hope you’re very very fast – otherwise it would be quite embarrassing to have such a blingy bike.
    (slow owner of bike with lots of anodised gold bits here)

Don’t care if I’m fast or slow – doesn’t matter as I’m not shallow enough to give two ****** what other people think or what sort of bike they ride. If it puts a smile on my face then that’s all that matters. 🙂

tazzymtb

if you going to have a big shock in the back, you need redneck engineering at it’s best

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I had a Tomac 204 Magnum. So good in some ways, so epically bad in some others.

Loved it enough to want another if ever I saw a cheap one up for sale, even if it was to just hang on the wall to look at.

flange
    Free Member

I had a go on a BMW once and thought it the most horrid bike I’ve ever ridden. Also, imagine what a bearing kit must cost for one.

Now a GT Lobo, or even better an LTS DH – now we’re talking..!

I like the new Operator, and those 920 Laps are nice but apparently every single one in the UK has snapped….Snapierre

AlexSimon

If looking like ‘a bike’ is a good thing (and god knows it would be an improvement of lots of the ones in here), then this does ok…

PJM1974
    Free Member

Some of those bikes look amazing, I wish I had the skills and balls to do any of them justice.

Home of them however, munt on an alarming scale.

edd

Pace RC500, how I lusted after one of these…

1freezingpenguin
    Free Member

Loved the looks of my Demo7 and use to love the way it rode even more.

RustyNissanPrairie

I had a go on a BMW once and thought it the most horrid bike I’ve ever ridden. Also, imagine what a bearing kit must cost for one.

it must have been badly set up or set for someone else. The Avalanche shock is custom tuned for the rider by Craig at Avy and are awesome. I had Avy shocks on other DH bikes because of how good they are.

Admittedly the Racelink is a heavy bike and has a very long wheelbase with a highish BB and are built around the dimensions of an Avy fork. They arnt UK bikes apart from maybe at Fort William, they are flat out high speed Alps bikes and not for mincing around the local woods on.

The main bearings are the same size as found on Cannondale headshock/headtube and are a standard Torrington bearing-not expensive, the smaller doglink ones are again Torrington and available from a local bearing supplier. I changed mine only because I was re-powdercoating it.

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

RealMan
    Free Member

Do your bars change colour?

sailor74
    Free Member

studioderm
    Free Member
    RealMan
    Free Member

What’s the general opinion on this then?

jackthedog
    Free Member

Frame looks nice, structurally. The lines are spot on for my tastes. I think the paint job is dreadful though.

As an aside, and this is just a pet peeve of mine TBH, I’m really sick of those extra little braces found around the seat tube junctions of many bikes these days. They always look like an afterthought.

RealMan
    Free Member

New carbon trek, looks pretty good..

Viewing 36 posts - 81 through 116 (of 116 total)

The topic ‘Good looking dh bikes’ is closed to new replies.