Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Good Interview With Guy Martin
  • Jamie
    Free Member

…a bit brief, but quite interesting, Q&A from this weekend’s Observer.

Sorry if a repost.*

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/dec/07/guy-martin-bike-racer-isle-of-man-tt-speed-with-guy-martin-channel-4

*I’m not really.

martinhutch

Nice interview technique, I thought.

Does everyone else read his lines with an internal Guy Martin accent?

fasthaggis

Yes 🙂

nbt

good read that, ta

andy8442
    Free Member

Nice little piece, and yes you do find yourself reading it in is strange accent.

Is it just me, but do you not think there’s a touch of Bolton in his accent?

I wonder if he’s on here?

cliffyc
    Free Member

Love his take on electric vehicles!. Top bloke!. 🙂

digga
    Free Member

Just finished Guys autobiography this weekend and it’s been a fascinating read – very candid and, at times, very amusing.

BTW, the flywheel tech he’s on about is already very well advanced by firms like Riccardo so, as he says, it is strange how it is not making a concerted appearance in truck OEMs future plans.

MoreCashThanDash

Saw his book the other day and wondered if it would be worth a read or just ghost written waffle. Might give it a go now.

GregMay
    Free Member

Excellent interview

red17
    Free Member

Yes

And have to read it twice chief, read it twice

Harry_the_Spider

Mega. Mega.

MrSparkle

Interesting that. Cheers OP. Funnily enough I was talking to Guy last year when we were out mountain biking and I was on to him about a programme on Radio 4 about flywheel technology being used to store excess energy from windfarms.
    He really doesn’t have owt like a Bolton accent believe me!

Alex

Just bought the autobiog for a bit of holiday reading. He’s refreshing honest about the TV stuff.

JEngledow
    Free Member

When Guy first started appearing on TV I wasn’t too sure, but the more I see and read about him the more my man-crush is growing, he just needs to win a bloody IOM TT!

MrSparkle

Well he should have the machine to do it on next season.

chris_jh

Does anyone question whether that he is into interior design as well? Look at the room styling beyond the motorbike – very on trend…

Jamie
    Free Member

Does anyone question whether that he is into interior design as well? Look at the room styling beyond the motorbike – very on trend…

In the paper, it had a different picture from Casa Del Martin. Almost looks like a setup 🙂

*click to make biggerer*

Milkie
    Free Member

I liked him… Until he bought the best Volvo Amazon ever which has some parts from the Koenigsegg and goes like shit of a shovel. 😉

terrahawk
    Free Member

I wonder if he’s on here?

he lurks occasionally.

Jamie
    Free Member

I liked him… Until he bought the best Volvo Amazon ever which has some parts from the Koenigsegg and goes like shit of a shovel.

Is it this one? Holy shit-snacks.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kK8wB0jznjs[/video]

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Great piece on Guy. I like his observations on TV presenters paid to be enthusiastic about what ever they are paid to be enthusiastic about.

That Amazon is stunning. I had one in the same colour, twin SUs and overdrive. I hoped one day I’d have fitted it with some period Minilites but I never got around to it. Went on an epic road trip from Orkney to Newcastle then from Bergen to the Baltic and back.

The dynamo brushes wore out in Oslo. A Bosch motor factor had them on the shelf. Not bad for a forty year old car. We saw a lot of saloons, and only one other estate. Wish I’d kept it.

1981miked
    Free Member

Good interview and great video.. I’m sure that’s his car! What a beast. I really like his book, I’d love to go biking with him, he has a passion for the same things I do!

I can honestly say I have a man crush on him..

craighill
    Free Member

Yeah that’s his Amazon, he bought it from the Swedish guy that built it.

theotherjonv

Reet good that, chief. Reet good.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Good Interview With Guy Martin’ is closed to new replies.