Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Going to a gig this w/end?
  • MrWoppit
    Free Member

What's your poison?

I'm here: http://www.ronniescotts.co.uk/

To see:

…and his latest collective…

ourkidsam
    Free Member

Choice of Mabel Love, Pocket Satellite or Egyptian Hip Hop tomorrow night in Sheffield. Hmm, choices choices

BoardinBob

Nope but I had Midlake on Monday night and they were fantastic. One of the best live bands I've ever seen.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Is that it? What, you're all out riding your bikes?

That's a bit extreme, isn't it? 😯 :mrgreen:

toby1

Friday night in the company of the Bombay Bicycle Club and the Maccabees, I'm going to look like a parent keeping an eye on the kids there 🙂

Also saw Massive Attack last week which were ****' brilliant!

chakaping
    Free Member

No, but I booked tickets to see Crystal Castles (in April) yesterday and am genuinely looking forward to it.

takisawa2

Nowt this week, but saw Vampire Weekend in B'ham last week. They were good.
    Looking forward to seeing Glasvegas when they finally announce some dates.

4ndyB
    Free Member

Friday night, off to see my mates samba band, Sambalada, reggae DJ & Comedian, should be a good night.

verses

These Monsters are playing my local tonight. I'm supposed to be biking, but sorely tempted to head to the gig instead.

ChrisL

Nope but I had Midlake on Monday night and they were fantastic. One of the best live bands I've ever seen.

At the ABC in Glasgow? I was there too, but while I enjoyed it, I wouldn't rate it as fantastic. It seemed a bit leaden at times, having so many guitarists didn't seem to work on the Van Occupanther tracks in particular. Xavier Rudd at the same venue last week, however, was excellent!

nickc

Next gig is Joy Formidable at Oxford O2 in March, hopefully hearing some new stuff from the latest album.

Want to see the XX

RichPenny
    Free Member

Want to, but riding on Saturday and the logistics will probably defeat me.

cinnamon_girl

Found this in my vinyl collection:

BoardinBob

At the ABC in Glasgow?

Yip. I thought it was superb but admittedly I'm a pretty obsessed Midlake fan! I thought the four guitar line up was superb and the sound quality was first class.

manitou
    Free Member

like Billy playing with the monster guitar player Jimmy Herring in Jazz is Dead

manitou
    Free Member

Billy in Jazz is Dead

debaser

Mastodon at the Barrowland Ballroom in Glasgow.

eckinspain
    Free Member

Real Madrid v Villareal at the Bernabeu

NathanG
    Free Member

Went to see Machinehead, Bleeding Through and Hatebreed last nite in Zooport and going to see them again on sunday in Birmingham, epic!!!

cinnamon_girl

Right, I was determined to listen to "Spectrum", just cos I can't remember what Billy Cobham is about. Guess what? This bimbo can't get the vinyl player to work and the stylus appears to be hanging off 😳

I am, however, playing an old CD instead – Van Morrison from 1973 (Hard Nose The Highway). Heaven 🙂

So … please tell me about Billy Cobham and is he on YouTube? Thank you so much!

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Autonomads/Harijan/Skuff live in barrow

xherbivorex
    Free Member

Egyptian Hip Hop

these turkeys used to have a practice room next door to my band's old room. they got kicked out of the building for being annoying little sh!ts. i cannot believe they are actually getting gigs anywhere…

anyway, not going to any gigs this weekend. might go see nothington in manchester next tuesday though.

manitou
    Free Member

Hey Cinnamon girl..check ou the link above for Jazz is Dead. Billy on drums and the wonderful guitar of Jimmy Herring

Oggles
    Free Member

Sunshine Underground at Leeds o2 academy tomorrow night

cinnamon_girl

Thanks manitou, didn't notice that (it's an age thing) 🙄

No gig this weekend but I have one next month 8)

john_drummer
    Free Member

not going to any gigs this weekend, but playing on the next 2 fridays after that.

If you're in Leeds/Bradford come down & see us (The Wick Effect)

26/2/10 – 360 Club, upstairs @ The Library, Woodhouse Lane, Leeds 2
    5/3/10 – Zuu Bar, Sunbridge Road, Bradford city centre

http://www.myspace.com/wickeffect

lodious
    Free Member

Spectrum is such an amazing album. BC & Tommy Bolin were fantastic.

cinnamon_girl

OK, have checked out that YouTube vid. Billy Cobham is definitely a good drummer, can't take that away from him! I will need to listen to this again, to see if I "get it". It happens, can't always get blown away.

Dunno what I'm going to do about my vinyl player 😥

MrWoppit
    Free Member

lodious – Member

Spectrum is such an amazing album. BC & Tommy Bolin were fantastic.

"Why d'you always go on seven?"

"One, two, one two three…"

ourkidsam
    Free Member

these turkeys used to have a practice room next door to my band's old room. they got kicked out of the building for being annoying little sh!ts. i cannot believe they are actually getting gigs anywhere…

Ha ha! Poor then? I might give that one a miss

thebunk

I went to see Fionn Regan last night, he was good.

nickc – Member

Want to see the XX

The XX are probably the worst live band I've ever seen. Nice songs on the radio, but they're not virtuoso musicians, and they don't have any stage presence (reckon you need at least one of those live). I've seen them three or four times supporting other bands, I think they're following me…

ahwiles
    Free Member

i saw Peter Green in Buxton last night, it's not really 'my era' – but i went with my Dad and Uncle.

Very Good, and the welsh chappy on the keyboards was a bit nifty – Geraint wicker or something.

scottishbadger
    Free Member

Shearwater in Brighton on Sunday.

Pook

Look at you going to see your band,
    With your mucky black mark on the back of your hand,
    While I will be, with vim and vigour,
    Out on my bike, maintaining my figure

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Europe (yes the 80's cheesy rock band, but they are really quite good now, give the latest album a listen) and Diamond Head at Shepherds Bush tomorrow

KT1973
    Free Member

thebunk – Member
    I went to see Fionn Regan last night, he was good.

nickc – Member

Want to see the XX

The XX are probably the worst live band I've ever seen. Nice songs on the radio, but they're not virtuoso musicians, and they don't have any stage presence (reckon you need at least one of those live). I've seen them three or four times supporting other bands, I think they're following me…

I'm going to see them in Edinburgh on March 9th. I hope they're good. I was meant to be going to see Grizzly Bear and Beach House the same night but it's sold out

Northwind

I was at Fear Factory last night, blast from the past… Seems like I may have slightly re-cracked my ribs in the pit 🙄 Brilliant though. They do seem a wee bit out of place in this thread mind.

Machine Head next week. Sorry, Machine F*****g Head to give them their full sunday name.

sc-xc

chakaping – Member

No, but I booked tickets to see Crystal Castles (in April) yesterday and am genuinely looking forward to it.

Oh my freaking god. The absolute biggest pile of absolute shitness that I have ever had to endure. The DJ was OK, nothing special – but the woman? Howling racket of shitness that I could not believe. And I have seen some bad gigs over the last 20 years.

Enjoy though 😉

nickc

Crystal castles are definitely one of "those" bands aren't they? some of their stuff is outrageously good, but if Alice isn't in the mood*, then the Gigs gonna be crap.

* or is on the blob, or fancies a fight, or has drunk too much, or just turns up sometimes…..

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Going to a gig this w/end?’ is closed to new replies.