• This topic has 124 replies, 84 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by bol.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 125 total)
  • Go on, who else is a Failure
  • steve_b77
    Free Member

Looking at Special77’s comments who else has a basic wage of less than £35k and is therefore a failure ❓ 😆

Onzadog
    Free Member

An ex of mine once told me a graduate should be looking at around £1k for every year old there are. I’m such a failure it’s untrue.

donsimon
    Free Member

An ex of mine once told me a graduate should be looking at around £1k for every year old there are.

Woohoo! I’m getting younger! 😕

ivantate
    Free Member

as 1500 was perfectly ok for someone on 35k to spend on a frame maybe he can be embarassed by someone on a more pitiful wage who has spent more. play the %ages and feel good about it.

Onzadog
    Free Member

True, I’m a failure, but I have a nice bike.

epo-aholic
    Free Member

me, 23k at a push and going down year by year……… 😥

EDIT: My basic is actually nearer 17k

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Is he Stewert Baggs?

retro83
    Free Member

Fellow failure here. I do have an overpriced british frame to show for my pitiful earnings at least 🙂

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Most definitely me according to my pitiful wage…

The fact that i own my own house & have three good quality bikes plus another runabout one is bye the bye apparently.

Who cares, i have my house, my bikes, my bills are paid, my fridge is full, there’s 3 bottles of good whisky on the shelf, i don’t owe anyone any money & my bank account is healthy enough to be considering a new kitchen & bathroom in the New Year.

Still, i’m off to wallow in despair at my life’s failure….

brakes
    Free Member

failure is relative

Pook

I must admit I’ve set myself as a target but haven’t really agressively pursued it.

firestarter
    Free Member

I’ve been a failure my whole working life 🙁 oh what shall I do

King-ocelot
    Free Member

My old man was always telling me it’s not what you earn it’s what you get to keep. As I get older it makes more sense to me. I’m £35k a year rich in the quality of my friends and family. Read his comments and feel sorry for him.

mudshark
    Free Member

An ex of mine once told me a graduate should be looking at around £1k for every year old there are.

When I started work I wondered if and when I’d earn more than £1k for every year old I was.

Anyway, some might see those that see income as the most important measure of success as failures – I consider myself a failure as I can’t manage to average 100 road miles/week in a year.

My old man was always telling me it’s not what you earn it’s what you get to keep.

Very true – though I say it’s what you do with it that counts more than how much you earn. Some people own houses seemingly worth far more than they should be able to own based on their salary.

MrOvershoot

steve_b77 – Member

Looking at Special77’s comments who else has a basic wage of less than £35k and is therefore a failure
    Steve I still love you despite you inability to earn good money 😉

BTW I earn quite a bit more than £35k but I’m still paid less than many in my profession, but I prefer the work/life balance I have.

I ride with some that earn way more than me & others that earn way less & I can’t honestly say its made the slightest difference to how we get on?

GEDA
    Free Member

I thought this was going to be something about how they couldn’t do a 360 flip to flat like Danny Macaskill.

wors

People who measure success by the amount they earn are sad sad people.

steffybhoy
    Free Member

Clas-sick singletrack snobbery from the special one.

loddrik
    Free Member

I’m 37 and don’t earn a bean…

But I am gladly not one of those people to whom their self esteem is measured by their employment status or income.

chewkw
    Free Member

I get paid peanuts and definitely no way near £35K p.a. I would be a very rich man if I get £30K p.a. 😕

LimboJimbo

By the standards of special77 I am indeed a failure. I have been a success in the past but at some point I failed. I have an interview tomorrow and if it goes well, I could be a success again instead of a failure. To think, I have been reflecting on so many variables as a judge of success when all this time it’s been so simple. 🙄

BigDummy
    Free Member

I earn more than £60k a year after a drastic pay cut this year. I do a socially worthless job, am single, balding, running to flab, crap in bed, and can’t ride a bike for shit. I demand to be counted as a failure despite my income. 🙂

iDave
    Free Member

Does failing to see how being self-employed with a good accountant makes me a ‘failure’ mean that I’m a failure

toys19
    Free Member

Umm wasn’t the 35k comment made by davidtaylforth orginally? here?

loddrik
    Free Member

The context was entirely different. And he certainly didn’t come across as arrogant, conceited and objectionable!

NZCol

Classic, as has been said before anyone that measures their status based on how much they earn has a small weiner and no idea of humility. I always think that those that do the most fulfilling and hardest jobs earn, in my eyes, the least – nurses, docs, firepersons, ambos etc – every day I come to work i don;t have to deal with anything other than IT problems and nothing I do could kill someone. I deal with people on 100k+ every day and quite frankly the nice ones are an exception, the majority are egotistical eejits. I do find it entertaining as they big up themselves because they get paid ‘a lot’. Define ‘a lot’ – there are many other nice, normal, down to earth people I know and deal with regularly who have wealth in the 10’s if not 100’s of M’s of $. Guy I know through business quite well took me on his private jet 2 weeks ago – i had absolutely no idea whatsoever that he owned a jet FFS. Was quite nice really, 1hr to Wanaka, heli out for lunch, flight back. Hows that 35k looking now big guy ? I do alright and live a normal life *insert some glib remark about how I support a dozen starving children in Africa to salve my conscience*

A failure is when you think you are and act like you are.

BigDummy
    Free Member

toy19 – not according to usual ideas about the linear nature of time, no. 😉

squid
    Free Member

I earn way less than 35k and some of my best friends are very rich people who don’t give a s*it how much i earn because they are not that sad and shallow.

chewkw
    Free Member

I don’t mind earning far less but there are just so many ego maniacs out there that keep on trying to play “gods” on others including me which is a pain. Bloody maggots. 👿

monkeychild
    Free Member

It’s ace trolling from him.
    But back on topic I am a strong believer in massive amounts of cash do not make you happy.
    My sis in law and her soon to be ex hubby. Him 90K a year her 30K+ a year. Too many hours in work, hardly any time for each other and he was tight as cramp!!
    I always chuckled how folk (ie family) put him up high due to his mega wage packet (I personally found him v dull as work was obviously high on his agenda). Turns out my opinion of him was correct in the end, he was a grade one idiot (amongst other words that would get me a ban).
    But in the eyes of the great one, I am 2K shy off being a non-failure. Tsk I suck. I will weep hard knowing I have a great wife, a beautiful son and another little bundle of joy arriving soon. Also living in my own house in a nice area is bad times too. Maybe I should torch both the cars we own and spank myself that I only owe the mortgage people money!! Some folk are divvies FACT!!
    God damn I have risen to the troll!!!!!!!

donsimon
    Free Member

toys19 – Member

Umm wasn’t the 35k comment made by davidtaylforth orginally? here?

Original comment, here. (check the times 😉 )

john_drummer
    Free Member

he doesn’t write about struggling to get £500 a week, for the daily wail, does he?

toys19
    Free Member

Ahh I get it DT was making a joke methinks, I’m a bit slow on the uptake today.

philconsequence
    Free Member

im a failure, yet……. i’m still awesome 😀 my level of awesomeness exceeds my level of failure by a long long way so its all good 😉

matt_outandabout

I don’t work for the money.
    I work because I believe in what I am doing.
    We live on a desperately low wage compared to most others on here.
    Since we got married 15 years ago, both or one of us has worked for church or charitable trusts.
    Happy? you betcha.

souldrummer
    Free Member

Well, if that wage rate is regarded as a failure then I and most of the people in my office must be failures. Luckily I certainly don’t feel like one as I gave up chasing money for its own sake years ago. Not saying life is perfect (far from it) but I’m a lot happier than I was when I was encouraged by my, then, employer to think that money was supposed to be the be all and end all.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Now don’t forget the important lesson we’be all learned here today.

Money can’t buy you happiness; but it does allow you to be miserable in style.

mboy
    Free Member

Why are people so obsessed with each other’s view on success and failure? I just don’t get it…

I mean, I set myself pretty high standards, I certainly haven’t achieved everything I want to achieve not by a long stretch. I have earnt more than £35k, I currently earn not much more than 1/3 of that figure, hopefully that’ll change again soon, but money doesn’t equal success.

Despite my high standards I set myself though (free of debt, decent salary, own home, good job), I would never ever begin to judge someone else by them. They are the standards I set myself, what other people do with their life is 100% their own choice… Unless it’s purposefully avoiding work to sponge off the system, that’s the one time I will get on my high horse!

NZCol

^ hah yeah what Onzadog says.

And I’m now officially a failure, no job. On the upside that’s because I have just sold my company ahahahahahaha excellent.

emma82
    Free Member

I’m a failure too 🙂 so are a lot of people i know so at least I don’t stick out like a sore thumb 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 125 total)

The topic ‘Go on, who else is a Failure’ is closed to new replies.