• This topic has 12 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by DT78.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Glyncorrwg Drop Off Cafe still shut?
  • Wally

I know it closed in December and then a bus stated somewhere but what is the current state of play?

So the W2 is now best started at the ponds and spot of lunch at Afan forest centre?

Dain_Bramaged
    Free Member

Still shut as at previous Saturday (12th March).
    Shop, toilets, showers all open with a van in the car park doing rather nice tea/coffee/cake….but then this was the Specialized/Trek/Giant demo day.

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

I’d say start at afan and take sarnies then have a tasty meal at afan lodge after. I find the wall descent brilliant to end the day on, whites final descent is all a bit boring.

LMT
    Free Member

They should never of changed the tenacy. The previous management of the cafe did an awesome job, rain, sun or snow when i was there the cafe was open and great food!!

treaclesponge
    Free Member

Yup all still shut. A sad sight. Especially at the end of a ride last weekend. Looked up at the decking and misty memories flooded back of relaxing up there in the sun with a beer… *sniff sniff*

crotchrocket
    Free Member

I miss Ian and the gang. They were lovely.

But he still owes me a mug and when I see him…!!!!

Del

seems rather curious that 3 or 4 months down the line they haven’t at least got someone serving tea and cake out of there. clearly too much money about. 🙄

treaclesponge
    Free Member

@crotchrocket – go and stay in his house in the village and its full of drop off plates/cups/pictures and about 10 years of MBUK mags in chronological order…

crotchrocket
    Free Member

I’m down at afan On Saturday – I’ll email him now and remind him…

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

still closed yesterday and no sign of opening

johnyg
    Free Member

The cafe opened on Wednesday 20th April. Popped in on Good Friday, and Drop Off Cafe it aint. The women serving seem to be the same faces from the Drop Off Cafe, but the place is soul-less with Furnishings from IKEA and a limited menu. However the Panini and coffee was OK, and hopefully catering equipment is on the way, and things will improve. Still don’t understand how something so good was allowed to fade away. Don’t know if there’s a boycott going on but the place was empty. Bring back the good times!

pdw
    Free Member

It was open last weekend. Claimed to have only a limited menu for now, but that this was going to change in due course.

We only popped in for a cup of tea because we were expecting it to be closed so brought packed lunch – guess others are still doing the same.

DT78
    Free Member

?Is it open in the evenings serving beer? Staying in glyncorwg next weekend.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Glyncorrwg Drop Off Cafe still shut?’ is closed to new replies.