Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Glentress Conditions Please
  • Lesanita2
    Free Member

Is it rideable for the average person? Taking wife there this weekend.

It's forecast frosty over night, dry 3oC during day. Looks good, but are the trails clear of snow?

Thanks for looking.

cynic-al
    Free Member

They weren't on Sunday, not that you couldn't get some sort of ride going, hard work mind!

Stu

Last weekend the red was rideable for the average person to the spooky wood climb, above which its hard work (and unrideable in many places). Was a bit of snow on the fireroad that climbs to the start of betty blue and the bottom of spooky wood (the one that bypasses the spooky climb). Red was all clear down from there. The blue return route directly below spooky wood climb still had a fair bit of snow on it a couple of weeks ago and required some pushing, don't think much will have melted since then.

Keep an eye on the 7 stanes blog, which is usually updated before the weekend:

http://7stanes.blogspot.com/

ivnickkate
    Free Member

We added Deliverance to our Tuesday night ride, after the first 100m, it was rideable all the way.

coogan
    Free Member

The 'secret' bits that nearly everyone knows about and riding lush.

jedi

i'll be there saturday til the following friday…. so it will be sunny

Johnbot
    Free Member

Start of the spooky wood switchbacks pretty much all ice:

Spooky wood descent, fun but not fun if you know what I mean

Other than that it was as good as usual
    This was sunday 14th

Lesanita2
    Free Member

nice pics

bruneep

going tomorrow

Northwind

Spooky Wood's never fully cleared since the December snow. But everything else has been riding well, spots of ice and some of the fire roads have been dodgy though. I'm quite liking having an excuse not to do the spooky climb 🙂 Spend more time firther down instead…

bruneep

Well we went, and we did the Black

Good day out some pushing, some comedy falls. The snow is rock hard.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

A pal of mine was there on Wed, Pretty well all clear up to the buzzards, above that progressively more ice and snow is what he told me

jedi

oh well, i'll go anyway

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

The original question was " Is it rideable for the average person? " You will have the force with you. Want the loan of a pair of ice tyres>

jedi

i'm coaching there! :O

bruneep

Lower ride areas red and blue are fine, some snow nothing like the black.

jedi

ah cool

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

lower areas are ok today,some patches of ice in sheltered areas but in general mostly nice crisp trails. i am very average and managed a low level red/blue mix today.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Glentress Conditions Please’ is closed to new replies.