Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • glentress 2010
  • akira

Make sure you do the Blue while you're there, lots of fun.
    Can't help with b+b as always stay with friends/family.

MussEd
    Free Member

Jedi, did you get rid of that Demo you were selling?

the_lecht_rocks

is there a plan for an STW meet up then D:

duir
    Free Member

smbla/ctc get mtb tutors course

. They run those courses at trail centers now do they? I am suprised at that, when I did my SMBL assessment (admitedly 8 years ago) we did a 56 mile day ride in the highlands on one of the the assesment days! Just shows where the sport is at these days, I guess a lot of peoples experience of MTB is a trail center and instructors need to be well up on those. From a skills point of view a trail center offers a very wide variety of trail features in a very small area so that must be why they use them.

Anyway as for Glentress it's still well………Glentress! It's very dumbed down in places and hideous if you don't like crowds or cliches. However the trails are still brilliant fun especially on a hardtail and particularly on a quiet day or at night. You will find it fairly different to your last visit and it's easy to get snobby about it but I remember when it first opened we used to think it was awesome and looking back it was nowhere near as good as it is now!

Enjoy.

stuartm555
    Free Member

duir – as far as i understand it there's 2 levels – TCL and MBL – i'm guessing it's the TCL bit that you can do at trail centres

Diane
    Free Member

Jedi – yes Monday 🙂

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Got to do the Pie Run and Mushroom Pie and get somebody to point you in the direction of Zoom or Bust.

jedi

looks like i'm going to be there 21st-26th feb deffo now. awesome 🙂

jedi

sanny, hopefully we can meet for ride/beers ? 🙂

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

will be great to see you again 🙂

GW
    Free Member

'Bout bloody time too! 😀

just to warn you there's a winter series DH race on at innerleithen the weekend you're up, prob won't affect your riding but might affect accomodation availability. whatever track they race will be blown out by monday, there will obviously be trails closed to riding on the Sat/Sunday and parking will be tight but no big deal really 8).

phatstanley
    Free Member

seeing as how you're coaching locals on that monday, get them to point you in the direction of the timber bits that still exist at GT.
    the trail fairies have indeed been busy since your last visit and some of the best bits ain't on no map….

the_lecht_rocks

so – is there a possibility of an STW group ride from Buzzards on the Sat 20th or Sun 21st ? 😀

jedi

gdoab, it's been a long……………..time 🙂
    i'll be there saturday i think by 12. may come up the friday if i need too.

jedi

i need 6 nights b+b with wifi £20-25 a night. any one??

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

yip it has been. mind you, i've not seen polly or anyone seen then either (where is polly these days?)

if i had the room you could've stayed at mine. i will try to be about for a ride, but i really need to stop riding and concentrate on running and resting for the next few weeks. will text/mail you to sort out something.

jedi

🙂

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

i still remember riding your demo9 in the carpark, 😆 tinygirlonabigbike 🙂

jimmy

Can't help with accommodation I'm afraid, but I should be about after the weekend if you're riding and short of partners / need a short partner etc.

jedi

im up on a smabla/ctc course on the wednesday and coaching too. i'm riding saturday with mc from here 🙂 the only free day i have is tuesday so will ride mtb or bmx that day 🙂

Kit
    Free Member

so will ride mtb or bmx that day

If you didn't know already, Tony, there's an indoor skate park at Ocean Terminal in Edinburgh.

jedi

and unit 23 in glasgow iirc

Sanny
    Free Member

Hi Tony

A ride and beers would be good if you have free time? Let me know when suits?

I ain't paying forty odd quid for poppadums this time though!

Cheers

Sanny

philfive
    Free Member

im just sorting the annual 7 stanes trip for april 😀 know what you saying about the curry house, we got well and truely robbed last year…..but the food was good 😀

Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘glentress 2010’ is closed to new replies.