Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Glen Tilt – worth it this weekend?
  • HeatherBash
    Free Member

>and guess what, we had to give up when the snow got knee deep<

Aye, well you were telt… 😉

devs
    Free Member

drove from moray to ayrshire yesterday.. The deepest snow is between aberlour and grantown but south of aviemore it tails off very quickly. Almost none by kingussie! Dunkeld got nowt! Cairngorm looked amazing, i wish i wasn't doing family stuff down south. Funny weather. Thermometer in car read 17 in elgin yet just a few miles inland it was down to 5 in the snow. Hope there's some fresh left for me next week.

clareymorris

HB We were TOTALLY telt but it was soooooo beautiful we couldn't help it 😉 !!!!!

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Is the snaw shifting quickly? Going up to Ballater on Saturday and was hoping to do Loch Muick on sunday.

Waderider
    Free Member

I did a 1500ft hill pass to a bothy near Strathconon at the weekend and the drifts were certainly enough to make a bike less than effective as a travel tool.

I know Tilt is a long way away from there but I'd be leaving the bike at home for now.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

We rode Loch Muick loop on Saturday. Bit of snow still on the landrover track to capel mounth and after the hike a bike on the way back. But worth it for two great descents. At this rate it'll all be gone soon.

clareymorris

Loch muick not looking like this then……………last Friday pic!!!

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Glen Tilt – worth it this weekend?’ is closed to new replies.