Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 73 total)
  • Glastonbury
  • Harry_the_Spider

Did it 6 times in the 90's and get a strange feeling watching it on the beeb making me wish I was there.

1992 – 1999

Who was there with me?

warton
    Free Member

never been, really want to go next year though, with wife and my son who will be 13 months old, maybe in a camper van

carbon337
    Free Member

Chicks in wellies and mini skirts, drool

noteeth
    Free Member

Grew up nearby… parents used to help run the medical facilities.

Been 12 times since 1992. Wish I was there this weekend. 🙁

Harry_the_Spider

Just spotted the Wolves flag in the crowd. 😀 That is always there, front left of the Piramid.

sc-xc

Who was there with me?

me…for the two really sunny ones. 8)

(Rolf + Tom Jones)

Harry_the_Spider

Rolf was '92 wasn't he? First up on the Friday? I was mashed off my Swede on cider by midday. Talk about not pacing myself!

Dizzee is giving it some on BBC at the moment.

noteeth
    Free Member

I've had so many good moments over the years…. this being one of 'em – all the old ravers were close to tears.

And this was one hell of a singalong….

Dizzee is giving it some on BBC at the moment

There's a great 'acoustic' version of Dance Wiv Me – Calvin Harris dancing like a supercool geography teacher.

_tom_
    Free Member

Never been, the lineup this year looks shite as well.

Dibbs
    Free Member

Does look pretty nice over there at the moment 😥

Harry_the_Spider

The big red head with Dizzee looks pretty nice too.

sc-xc

_tom_ – Member
    Never been, the lineup this year looks shite as well.

People that go to Glastonbury for the line up are missing the point. But you probably knew that.

_tom_
    Free Member

Nope, if I paid that much for a weekend I'd hope to hear some half decent music 😆

rOcKeTdOg

waiting for willie nelson*

* actually waiting for Cambridge

noteeth
    Free Member

the lineup this year looks shite

The main lineup forms about 10% of the fun… 😀

sc-xc

mmmm. If there is nothing at Glastonbury for you…I feel for your ears. I have been a few times, and rarely visited the main stages. Avoid the arena bands and you see some real gems.

Simwit

Was there in '95 when it was as hot as this weekend, managed to fall asleep standing up during Oasis I was so knackered & fell on the people in front of us in the crowd!

Harry_the_Spider

I remember pretending to be a Christian in the God Tent to get a free brew.

I'll probably burn for that.

noteeth
    Free Member

you see some real gems

Indeed.

I'll probably burn for that

hari krishna tent for free scoff & no divine retribution, iirc.

Harry_the_Spider

Edith is looking a bit rough in a "you would" sort of way.

noteeth
    Free Member

"you would" sort of way.

By the friday night, and transformed by cider, I feel that sort of way about most things.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Only went to Glastonbury once & i was 'working'.

If you were there in '92 you'll remember the 50ft 5 ton Wickerman built, run & burnt by the theatre group 'Dogs of Heaven'. I was part of that, spent the shows naked apart from a pair of German para boots, a coat of body paint & a horned helmet with a slit in it to allow my red mohican to show through!
    IIRC we had the 2nd biggest crowd of the weekend, 2nd only to Tom Jones 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

Snoop Dog is an a-hole. Time to move to Willie Nelson on BBC4.

Pigface
    Free Member

Corinne Bailey Rae is just beautiful.

terrahawk
    Free Member

I used to go to Reading each year cos the lineup was always better IMO. Glastonbury always seemed full of divs not giving a toss about the lineup 😉

Harry_the_Spider

You're so 'core.

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

89 or 90 > 95 here i think.

tinribz
    Free Member

The 90s are a bit of a blur, not sure if i went once or twice, remember The Levelers as the highlight of one trip, dancing in warm summer rain.

john_drummer
    Free Member

never been to Glastonbury or Leeds festivals; went to Reading c1986. Waste of a weekend IMO.

My fave band is playing the Avalon stage round about now but as per usual the BBC won't show them. Never mind, I saw them in Holmfirth last night for £17 instead of £150 & I bet we got a longer set too.

New Model Army

muddydwarf
    Free Member

John_drummer

I spent a couple of hrs in '92 chatting with Justin, Joolz & Rev in the backstage/food area. I'd forgotten all about that til you posted that pic!
    Haven't seen NMA in yrs now, need to sort my act out and get to a gig again.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Was there in '95 when it was as hot as this weekend

Me too, although I reckon it was hotter that year. I actually passed out with heatstroke! *

*Not eating or sleeping between thursday and sunday had nothing to do with this utter collapse of bodily functions, a fact fully endorsed by the medics I was caning it with 🙂

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Going to see the army down here in August, first time for years.

john_drummer
    Free Member

http://www.newmodelarmy.org

30th Anniversary dates in the autumn – 2 consecutive nights at any given venue, 2 sets per night, no support band. Songs from all 30 years will be played. I sooo want to go but Nottingham's the nearest they're coming to me and frankly that's too far. They really should do 2 nights at Holmfirth.

Or Bradford really, but nobody would go 😉

anagallis_arvensis

Saw Johnny Cash one year when I had an op on my knee and was on crutches, went the next year too……bit of a blur to be honest.

nickc

'94 '95 '97 '2000.

So many good memories, was going to take my lad this year…other stuff got in the way. Next year for sure.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

30yrs?

Bloody hell, the audience will be on zimmer frames let alone the band! 😆 Had some good times with the old kitbag & clogs…

tang
    Free Member

1975 to 1999. Grew up on the festi circuit, many seminal moments. My dad is there trading as usual. Friends run the acoustic stage. Used to love it. Don't miss it now. My folks know the medical lot noteeth, they're from down the road.

john_drummer
    Free Member

30 years yes but Justin is the only original member; he'll be 51-52 now. The rest of the band are considerably younger

muddydwarf
    Free Member

51/52?

Now i feel old 🙁

john_drummer
    Free Member

I'm 45 if it makes you feel any better

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 73 total)

The topic ‘Glastonbury’ is closed to new replies.