Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 150 total)
  • Gisburn rocks……..;o)
  • Ed-O
    Free Member

Chainring eating, bike breaking, multiple puncture, rock slab fest.

Sounds ace. They should put that as a tag line for the place 🙂

grumm
    Free Member

Yeah, makes it sound better than it actually is tbh. 🙂

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

What a strange place.

Please assure me thats not a professional trail design?
    In that case then, can I recommend Stainburn for your next outing, nothing like Gisburn, you'll get such a pleasent suprise. enjoy X

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

I've considered changing to a double and bash, and every time I do Gisburn I find that I'm a little bit nearer to owning one. 😆
    Most of my missing teeth will probably be found somewhere in the rocks up by Whelpstone Crag. Definately not complaining – more like this please.

nbt

justme – Member

ginsterdrz- bash ring (big ring not req)

Neither's the granny ring to be fair, and to be honest you don't really need a cassette at the back, just 32:16 and a big healthy dose of MTFU

JacksonPollock
    Free Member

Think you're supposed to clear obstacles!

That's where the 'skill' part comes in 😉 If you want to just pedal stick to the road.

Gisburn is ace! Spent hours up there recently and never get bored, just keep getting better! 'Spose I should get my finger out and volunteer some digging. Hangovers tend to curtail my enthusiasm though! 😳

tezzer22
    Free Member

a vigorous bit of digging is the best hangover cure there is lol ,
    stumpyjon i got myself a job yesterday so i wont be available for the midweek dig

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Good News Terry, getting a new job at the moment is a bit of a novelty!. If you want to do any extra weekends, let me know. At the moment, I can't do that official dig day on the 2nd sunday of the month, but I could do 3rd or 4th.

Jon, I should be ok for either of those mid week digs.

tezzer22
    Free Member

hi, yes very good news indeed, im definatley up for extra weekend digs

stumpyjon

Terry, excellent news. I'll email around everybody early next week and confirm what people want to do. As I said I can't make the Sunday we were proposing but as long as a few others will be there I don't mind organising stuff with Martin and I still want to do the mid week digs after. As I say I'll email everyone with options early next week, I'll collate the replies and feed it all back to Martin.

BTW I'm also on for additional weekend digs, just can't make a week on Sunday.

Jon

tezzer22
    Free Member

i just remembered that martin said the company that designed the tee shirts were also working on a website for gisburn trails

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

What t.shirts?

tezzer22
    Free Member

gisburn trail builders t shirts , free to those who do a dig , iv got about 50 of them 😉

stumpyjon

Apparently Nigel P has 2, one for digging and one for best (or in reality 2 for best 😆 ).

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

That's new then, they've only been talking about tshirts since last October. 😉

higgo
    Free Member

What a strange place.

Please assure me thats not a professional trail design?

tezzer22
    Free Member

[That's new then, they've only been talking about tshirts since last October]
    yes things seem to happen about as fast as the trees grow lol

stumpyjon

Not enough volunteers, or did we mention that already 😆

stumpyjon

For all those who expressed a preference (or even a vague indication of interest)about extra dig days I've emailed you all tonight.

Jon

Ed-O
    Free Member

Email me will you Jon?

stumpyjon

Ed just emailed you.

Scott, you up for getting muddy next week, mail me.

tezzer22
    Free Member

mud wrestling ? 😯

tezzer22
    Free Member

just got my copy of mbr, quite q good write up on the trails and some nice pics (even if the southern jessies got lost by 80 miles )

tezzer22
    Free Member

oh and don't forget the dig day this Sunday 10 till 3 same place as last time, more helpers means more trail to ride

stumpyjon

Local knowledge it wasn't 🙄

Good write up though, and they got a picture of our staircase, right proud of that I am, especially as I was the idiot who put the step in at the top.

tezzer22
    Free Member

nowt wrong with the step gives it a bit of interest and challenge , i would have put in more and bigger steps personally but i guess that would have made it black

tony_m
    Free Member

Good write up though, and they got a picture of our staircase, right proud of that I am, especially as I was the idiot who put the step in at the top.

Yep, me too. It seemed ever such a good idea at the time… 😀

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

P1ss poor turn out today, only three of us, weather was **** terrible, which might have had something to do with it.
    Here's a nice pic to try and encourage some of you to turn up and build some interesting stuff.

2hottie
    Free Member

BA I turned up, be it for 5 minutes, the weather was indeed crap however cocklets car park was full. Im there on Wednesday so will carry on your good work. I'll take a few pics of what we get done and have them on here quick sharp for all to enjoy. Also I will be sporting my nice t-shirt…

ton

B.a.nana

Haven't you got any friends? why are you asking complete strangers on a forum to help you build/dig?

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Yeah Ton/Bombadillo, well what did you expect, someone only just signed up to STW and starts asking a question like that on the forum? Did you get the frame?

tony_m
    Free Member

P1ss poor turn out today, only three of us, weather was **** terrible, which might have had something to do with it.
    Here's a nice pic to try and encourage some of you to turn up and build some interesting stuff.

Looking good, Paul. Will be there Wednesday and Friday this week, in hopefully better weather, so all being well we'll crack on with it.

stumpyjon

Looks like quite a lot got done on Sunday which is excellent. Will be there Wednesday and Friday too. Got some ideas for other simple log features, thought about some logs to practise bunnyhoping over and a snaking set of switchbacks around said logs if you don't want to jump them. Scott thought about some step ups as well. Hell we could even build some step downs as well, only just thought of that 😳 . Going to leave the more complex to the FC (next formal dig day will be the 8th of November).

As for turn out, be nice if more people could lend a hand but I'm grateful for anybody putting their time in. Surprising what 3 or 4 motivated people get achieve in 5 hours.

ton

ton – Member
    B.a.nana

Haven't you got any friends? why are you asking complete strangers on a forum to help you build/dig?

B.a.nana
    sorry for this reply mate, i was in a foul mood and apologise for it.

IamSam
    Free Member

Hi,

Having been up to gisburn and really enjoying it I would like to offer my services to help out at the dig days. I'm not sure who to get in touch with and how much help that I will be but the offer is there.

my mail is in my profile

ATB

Sam

tony_m
    Free Member

Sam,

Official dig days are the second Sunday of the month, 10am – 3pm. I'll send you a copy of the last email we got from Martin Charlesworth at Forest of Bowland AONB – he's the chap to contact to get on the mailing list. There's a link in the email which has details of where we're currently meeting.

As for the extra dig days we've just started, Stumpyjon's the one doing his best to keep the rest of us in line. His email's in his profile, but I'll send you a copy of his last email too. Then you'll know as much as we do! 🙂

Come on down, the more the merrier! Many hands make light work! Too many cooks… er, on second thoughts, scratch that one… 😕 😀

Tony

stumpyjon

Sam

Tony beat me to it, would be great to have the extra help. Everybody's welcome. If you want any more info or want to ask any questions please email me.

Dig days planned are this Wednesday and Friday (it's half term and I could face 9 days of the kids 😆 ) and then Sunday 8th November.

tezzer22
    Free Member

hi , not bad day yesterday got loads done but plenty left for the midweek crew , Scott i can confirm that the tee shirts are most definitely not water proof 🙁 , b.a.nana can you email me a copy of those pics of my van with trailer you took yesterday
    ps i like the steps idea various sizes and distance apart

IamSam
    Free Member

thanks for all the info chaps,
    will nearly certainly be there 8th November but not going to be able to do midweeks as I would probably get the sack 🙂

Sam

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

B.a.nana
    sorry for this reply mate, i was in a foul mood and apologise for it.

No problem ton, We've not met yet, but I can make a good judgement of a person, even on a forum, and that reply just didn't add up to ton, hense I kept my cool on the reply. Enjoy your new frame 8) I'm local, so hope to meet you soon. I'm a slow coach, so you will have to put up with me boring you to death one day!! 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 150 total)

The topic ‘Gisburn rocks……..;o)’ is closed to new replies.