Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Gisburn conditions
  • marco
    Free Member

Hi all,
    Planning a trip tomo, anyone been past day or two?
    Is it an unridreable bog or will we get round ok?
    Cheers all

philbert31
    Free Member

Id be interested to know also as im planning a trip tomorrow as well!

grim168
    Free Member

Never really boggy but there will be puddles

m1zuno
    Free Member

Im goin saturday guys so if you go let us no what its like, 😆

marco
    Free Member

Yeah i’ ll post up tomo evening

ChuckMorris
    Free Member

Bump.

Might go there tomorrow AM. Anyone been today?

crispo
    Free Member

I went on monday. Pretty good condition actually.

There were a few puddles in the regular places but generally it was in very good condition. The work the guys have been doing has really gone on the bits that needed it!

The new red section was open and it was a really cracking bit of trail!

Bolt

Was there sunday morning lots of puddles but always firm underneath.
    Only notibly muddy bits are on the berms and bottom of hully gully.

Bolt

P.s if its been raining heavily the stream crossing will be fast flowing too.

m1zuno
    Free Member

Looks like im deffo up that way at the weekend then 😆

stumpyjon

We fixed the bottomless bog on Homebaked in November, bottom of Hully Gully is due attention mid Jan. The forestry team fixed the Bottoms (the rooty bit). Watch out for the puddle after Whelpstone, at the top of the sandy berms, it’s really deep. We’ve got further repairs planned for other sections into the the new year but it’s gernerally holding up despite the constant attack from the weather.

Yes and Swoopy is now officially open and signed up. Hope to get the new contractor built sections open in the new year as well.

m1zuno
    Free Member

Thats good news,gizburn was the first proper trail i went to when i started havent been for a while so im looking forward to a long overdue blast p.s keep up the good work dude,i work in groundworks an its bloody hard graft,

marco
    Free Member

Just got back, very good but lots of puddles, and the two stream crossings are deep and fast flowing. Generally surfaces are easily rideable.
    Good work from the trail builders!!

m1zuno
    Free Member

Sweet 😆 thanks foe the update

Tess
    Free Member

Puddle tastic Gisburn, I heart a lot. Soaked within seconds of riding it today but loved it all, even the massive ‘dad gangs’ who seemed to popup everywhere.

el-Gato-Negro
    Free Member

Is it worth going for spin around gisburn given the overnight weather??

martinhutch

Won’t be any worse than described – will still be puddly, but rideable. A couple of good repairs recently have taken out some of the worst bits, particularly a v muddy stretch halfway through Homebaked, so it’s all good. Just accept you’re going to get soaked.

The only bit that might be a challenge are the two stream crossings after Hully Gully. They will be big, but I’ve never failed to clear them on a bike.

martinhutch

Heavily sleeting in Skipdale at the moment though…good luck!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Gisburn conditions’ is closed to new replies.