Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Giro Hex helmets
  • Harry_the_Spider

I had one, but I found a crack in it without it being involved in any impact that I was aware of. So now I need another.

I liked the Hex, but am a little wary after the failure. Has this happened to anyone else or was I just unlucky?

CHUCKMORR1S
    Free Member

I love the hex, no problems so far.

They're pretty cheap here

yunki
    Free Member

I love my hex

cynic-al
    Free Member

Not difficult to crack helmets getting knocked around, locked to bike etc.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I'm on my second. Big stupid crash broke my first.

whoopiegoldbars
    Free Member

Had my hex for two years and replaced it a month ago with a Xen as it was a bit battered and I had some cash to burn.

I do prefer the Xen, but as it's also double the price that's not surprising. For the money I haven't seen a better helmet. Had I not have got a Xen, I would have got another Hex.

jackberesford
    Free Member

Had mine a few years and never had any problems with it.

theboatman
    Free Member

Another happy hex user here! I used to have a xen, but now I have another child!!

bighendo
    Free Member

wouldnt be seen in anything else!
    no problems

xherbivorex
    Free Member

had mine a few years with no issues; i'll be getting another one this month i reckon. probably from that link above now, ta.

RustySpanner

Did you not get any joy with the replacement policy?

Shaun sorted out Sue a replacement after she'd cracked hers (a Trek) on a low branch after a couple of weeks use.

robinbetts
    Free Member

+1 for Hex

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

"Did you not get any joy with the replacement policy"

Yeah probably should have tried. But in all conscience, I stupidly smash my head into the ground and it saves me a trip to A&E. Why should Giro pick up the tab?

smudge
    Free Member

Try Madison crash replacement like Rust mentioned. Ok it wasnt a crash but i'm sure they would be keen to look at it. Plus you get a pretty heavily discounted new one in exchange.

I crashed least year and broke my wrist, my Hex had 3 complete cracks on the side which probably saved me from alot more severe crash. Mind you I did have fuzzy headaches for about a month after!

Kamikirk
    Free Member

Broken 2 so far and they have been fantastic. Big impacts and no damage to me just a lot of cracks in the helmet as expected and a crazy paving effect in my wrist/radius due to a comminuted fracture.

One replaced my Madison no issues, quick and easy once i could write a cheque with my buggered wrist 🙂

MRanger156
    Free Member

Don't like mine. No sign of any cracks in two years use but hate the way it drips sweat down your face and leaves two red marks only forehead. Back to met for me.

Harry_the_Spider

Ta. I guess I was just unlucky.

I've sent it back to where it came from… but it has gone missing in the post (a whole different thread). I think i'll get another but I just wanted to see if anybody else had had one fail.

[edit]I've just followed that link. Blimey, that is a good price![/edit]

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Giro Hex helmets’ is closed to new replies.