Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Giro Helmets Xen vs Hex
  • jabbathehut
    Free Member

I went to both my local shops today to try and find a helmet that i like and i couldnt. So looking online i really like the look and style of the Xen and Hex helmets.

They look good, seem to offer good head protection and are not too expensive.

From your experiences out there which of these do u recommend and why.

And what are the differences in the two to justify a massive price gap.

Many thanks – jabba

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i've got one of each, and to be honest there's not much to choose between them at all. both are about the same amount of coverage and venting, but i prefer the fit of the hex though. but only very slightly. and of course, it's a lot cheaper!

Jimbo
    Free Member

I have both. They're both excellent. Subtlely different shapes however so like any lid it'd be wise to try them on first.
    The Hex has bigger vents, and the shell itself is physically bigger.
    The Xen (from memory) is more rounded, maybe a tad lighter, has a greater amount of the sell covered with the plastic outer, and the straps emerge from the edge of the shell itself (rather than from inside the lid, as per the Hex).

Can't go wrong with either.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    trailmonkey

I 've had 2 xens and will buy a 3rd as and when i need to. I tried a hex on once, hoping to save a few quid but found it uncomfortable. I guess it depends on the shape of your bonce. If the hex was comfy for me, i'd certainly buy one.

DeeW
    Free Member

I'm selling a large Xen in the classifieds 🙂

jabbathehut
    Free Member

medium is what i need – sorry bud

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

I have a Hex,great lid,though I do find these type of lids,with more coverage make my head hot,compared to the jeyboy variety.

whosthedaddy
    Free Member

Xen, on my second following a bad spill and a heavy head landing.

A bit woosey after the crash and the helmet was pretty damaged but I wouldn't go for anything else.

Someone will probably have had the same experience with the hex but really I find my confidence in the Xen.

cynic-al
    Free Member

different shapes and xen has straps attaching to bottom of helmet.

Obviously there are those who think it better purely on the basis of it's price

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Not tried the Xen but i'm very happy with my Hex. Good fit and comfy to wear at an affordable price.
    If it fits buy it, if not buy the Xen!

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

I got a Hex, as the Xen didn't feel as instantly comfortable on my head. Which was nice, as it's cheaper! 🙂

lister

i slide along a pavement on my hex-clad helmet recently and I believe it really saved my life.

I tried a Hex and a Xen, couldn't feel a difference except in my wallet, hence the Hex.

And Madison replaced my dead one for £32 🙂

retro83
    Free Member

i've got the hex, next time i will get a xen. I think the shape of the hex is a bit 'skid-lid'

theboatman
    Free Member

I've just swapped from a xen to a hex as I couldn't justify the price hike this time, feels exactly the same on, seems to offer the same coverage. Will be a hex again next time.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Giro Helmets Xen vs Hex’ is closed to new replies.