Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Giro Feature vs Urge Endur-o-matic – opinions please
  • Vortexracing

Had an Urge Endur-o-matic for about 12 months or o, nice and light, seems to fit well, but in an off on Tuesday night i have gone and bust it 🙁

I was considering just replacing it, but I then noticed the Giro Feature @ £40 which seems bloody cheap.

anybody had both or offer opinions on the Giro Feature?

Ta

Chucky

akak
    Free Member

I can tell you that a crash replacement Enduro will cost you £45 if that helps you…but never tried on a feature.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i got a feature to replace a hex last year. i’ll be getting another feature soon, not to replace the current one but just cos i like it so much and want another! i only tried on the endur-o-matic; it didn’t look or feel right on my head. go try a feature on somewhere first.

chiefgrooveguru

I have a Feature which I really like. However I’m somewhat in between sizes and my medium only fits perfectly just before a haircut, so decided to make it my commuter helmet and buy a small. So far I’ve been sent the wrong colour (I wanted something bright and highly visible for those inevitable Tarmac sections) and then the right colour but the women’s version. It’s a testament to how good a helmet it is that I’m considering not just giving up…

If the Enduro-matic fits and isn’t too hot then I’d get another. It didn’t fit me – the lack of clicky adjustment meant that it would be either too tight or too loose at one end of the haircut cycle.

wallop

Sweet Hesus, how much hair have you got!?

Vortexracing

I can tell you that a crash replacement Enduro will cost you £45 if that helps you…but never tried on a feature

that is good news

how did you sort it? was it from the shop where you bought it from or the importers direct?

J273
    Free Member

Where did you find the feature for £40 ?

Thats a great price

proberts
    Free Member

I had both, I’m using the feature at the moment which I really like. I found the urge Endur too hot, the urge AM is much better vented IMO if your an urge fan

mangatank
    Free Member

POC Trabec…

Trabec

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

I have used both and think they are both top helmets. The feature is better vented for sure but after using the Endur – O for a while I sort of miss it now.

Urge AM could also be worth a look.

Del

i got a feature for 40 quid too. replaced a hex in the same size, just ten quid less…
    very pleased. better coverage, better fit, for me.

tomhoward

To those that have both, if I have a head that gets on with giro lids, are the urges a similar shape/fit?

rhysw
    Free Member

I’ve just moved from the Urge to a Giro Xar and I much prefer my new one.
    Really comfy and it does not move about like the Urge and it’s a lot cooler.
    I got mine for £66 posted off Amazon which is a bargain as well

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

i got a feature to replace a hex

Me too as i have a Giro shaped head. Nice fit aren’t they?

Vortexracing

To those that have both, if I have a head that gets on with giro lids, are the urges a similar shape/fit?

I have had a few xen’s and the s/m urge fits well. I’m in a medium Xen.

Thanks for the heads up on the Xar rhysw

akak
    Free Member

Sorry for the late reply! go direct to the importer Decade Europe.

Vortexracing

cheers akak

scandalous
    Free Member

I have a feature. Again, I must be between sizes as M too small and L just a bit to big. However, has not been a real issue in the winter as riding with an Enduro skull cap under it!

My beef with it is that if I am in a forward leaning / attack position and I lift my head to see what the chuff is going on the back of my neck pushes up on the back of the lid and causes it to move forward. More of a problem when not wearing a skull cap though.

Good lids though but not that eay to fit DX lights too!

westcoastmassive
    Free Member

i got a feature for 40 quid a few weeks back and i like it a lot. good level of protection and loads of adjustment for that money but it does get a bit warm.

nealy
    Free Member

I’m on my 3rd Feature after smashing the first 2 due to lack of skill and I’m still not dead so they do a good job for their intended purpose. They look great (IMO) and are light and comfy…I really can’t work out why they don’t charge double for them.

bullandbladder
    Free Member

I like the Feature, but not very well vented. It doesn’t feel hot as such, but constantly wiping sweat out of my eyes.
    In warmer weather I’ll be back to my Xen – the best helmet ever -which Giro should never have stopped making!

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Giro Feature vs Urge Endur-o-matic – opinions please’ is closed to new replies.