Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Giant Compact roadbike sizing…
  • TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Just about to press buy on an ISP Giant roadbike and wondering if anyone has one… what size you’ve got, how tall are you and what’s your inside leg…

Cheers.

hilldodger
    Free Member

I’ve just bought a medium TCR 0, don’t know if that’s ISP or not (think it is).
    height about 178cm, inside leg 78/79 cm (in clothes) bike looks small but fit is just about perfect when riding…..

mysterymove
    Free Member

I’m 5’8″ no idea on inside leg but had a TCR Alliance 0 in medium but swapped to TCR Advanced in small. The small feels a lot better to ride as the control / powers a lot more direct. I always felt the medium was a little too stretched out…

dyls

I’m 5’10” and ride a medium TCR Advanced and a medium Defy – both compact framesets, inside leg 30″. I’m probably borederline between a (Medium)M and a (MediumLarge) ML but am happy with the M.

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

I`m a gnats whisker under 6ft and ride a M/L Defy Advanced.Absolutley spot on fit.
    Shame they don`t do there mtbs in M/L………

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

Sorry 33″ inside leg.

phil.w
    Free Member

Which one you getting Yeti? Must be posh if it’s an ISP :-).

I’ve got a Trinity (ISP) in medium, would only go as low as a M/L for a road bike, but they come with loads of post so that’s not a problem.

(6ft2″. 35″(and a bit) inside leg)

matt23
    Free Member

Currently selling a Giant TCR C1 frame size is M/L and I’m 5’11 if that helps.

cp

Shame they don`t do there mtbs in M/L………

I’m with you on that – M slightly too small for me, L slightly too large.

Anyway, I’ve straddled Giant road bikes and hover between a M and M/L in them – 5ft 11″ & 34″ leg. Short upper body, long arms.

There’s a useful ‘size me’ link down at the bottom of this page:-

http://www.shopgiant-bicycles.co.uk/636/products/2012-giant-tcr-composite-3.aspx

Rorschach
    Free Member

Tcr sl ISP in large 6’2″ 34″ inside leg.Only had to cut 30mm off the mast!I could have ridden an xl….. but they don’t make them so I run a 130mm stem instead.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

An Advanced TCR SL most proabably a 2 but maybe a 1.

That size guide is really useful, puts me pretty definitely on a M.

Cheers guys. If anyone has an opinion of whether the 2011 “1” is worth about a grand more than the “2”, I’d love to hear it…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Giant Compact roadbike sizing…’ is closed to new replies.