Viewing 24 posts - 81 through 104 (of 104 total)
  • Ghosts?
  • takisawa2

We had an old caravan when our youngest was born. Took it to Clumber Park in Nottingham, around March time. Our little one was about 16 months old. Lying in bed late on night we could hear the baby getting a bit unsettled at the other end of the caravan. Both me & the Wife clearly heard someone “shushing” him. This was followed by a funny light thing hovering through the caravan. Now it was very dark there, & the blinds block out all the light. Fast forward a year or so, & the same caravan is parked on the drive. Had to pop in late one night to grab a book. Blackout blinds were closed, so only light was from the outside light on the drive, coming through the door. Whilst at the far end fetching a book I was aware there was an old lady sat next to me. Cant explain it. Wasnt frightening, I’d go as far to say I felt strangely calm. I even stood there for a min taking it in, but everything was telling me that sat next to me was an old lady.
    Didnt tell the Wife till we had sold the van, but of course its now retold at every opportunity.

I’m really sceptical about stuff like this, & the shushing / light thing I’d put down to imagination etc. But I’ll not forget the old lady thing. Very strange.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

that’s either a very subtle troll, or an honest post, i’ll give you the benefit of the doubt.

i can show you a badger sett, and if we sit quietly, i can show you badgers

Yes, but what if I sat there with you then when you asked me later, I said “what badgers?”

Richard Wiseman

http://twitter.com/#!/RichardWiseman

Saw Richard Wiseman with Prof Cox etc on the Uncaged Monkeys Tour, then saw him again and read lots of his stuff. Interesting and intelligent guy. I concur that people who ‘see things’ have just got their brains a bit poorly wired. 😉

chewkw
    Free Member

Underground Resistance – Member

Saw Richard Wiseman with Prof Cox etc on the Uncaged Monkeys Tour, then saw him again and read lots of his stuff. Interesting and intelligent guy. I concur that people who ‘see things’ have just got their brains a bit poorly wired.

Poorly wired? Actually it’s the opposite because people who can ‘see things’ are better wired than those who are “standard” wired. 🙄

user-removed
    Free Member

Lots of interesting posts…. I was always a full on sceptic, non-believer, etc until I spent a week in Newark, at an antique dealing friend’s house for the annual Newark antiques fair.

To cut a long story short, I awoke one sunny morning and after reading my book for 10 minutes, I heard a really unpleasant noise at the bedroom door. It sounded like a human growling through a vocoder. Almost electronic. I assumed my mates were taking the piss and tried to ignore it.

The noise increased and I began to get a bit annoyed. I also wondered what possible motive my mates had for getting out of bed at 8 a.m. just to make, “eeeEEEEuuuEEeerggghhgh” noises at my door.

Eventually, I grew somewhat afraid – this noise was really quite hideous. I’ve since heard a dog dying after being hit by a car and it was similar. I leapt out of bed, threw open the door (which opened onto a long corridor with no other doors) and …. Nothing!

The noise of a car coming up the drive drew me to the window – it was my two housemates returning from town with breakfast from the bakers.

There’s more to the tale, but I’d be amazed if anyone has read this far….

Pook

Carry on ur

_tom_
    Free Member

Carry on ur

+1 🙂

ahwiles
    Free Member

CharlieMungus – Member

Yes, but what if I sat there with you then when you asked me later, I said “what badgers?”

i’d have to shoot you.

and feed you to the badgers.

user-removed
    Free Member

Oh well, if you insist. Are you sitting comfortably?

Good, then I’ll begin. Finding me somewhat discombobulated, and having heard my story, the owner of the house blanched a little and led us down the narrow corridor running between his house (large, mock-Tudor mansion) and the adjacent house. It was full of weeds and quite hard to get through.

Right under my first floor window were two gravestones set into the wall – the previous owners had died in a particularly nasty car crash and their son had seen fit to set their headstones into the wall – nuts but true.

He told me that there had been ‘problems’ with my room before but that he hadn’t believed a word of it. I moved rooms the same day.

juiced
    Free Member

nice one user removed. I am in a better mood now..

and will tell…

I had just finished a jumpy session with some other lads. They went home.

I had a thermos of coffee at the top of the hill (jump spot) and then a white thing about 6 foot high just came out of the bushes to my right and infront, and literally floated across infront at about 10mph. Do not even know what it was. I couldn’t figure it out! I watched it go throught the undergrowth and then vanish. Initally my first thought was kids in white tracksuits when i saw it at first out of the corner of my eye. Then i just looked at it in disbelief. I looked at the path it had travelled, apart from the initail clearing the undergrowth was thick with no path etc…

It was still light, just a getting dusky..

Felt quite prilivaged tbh to see it..

Enjoy the w/e 😀

organic355
    Free Member

No personal experiences myself other than beeing sh*t scared after dooing a ouija board when i was younger but my mum has got some great stories from working in numerous hospitals throughout her life, some of which still give me the heeby jeebies!!

One where she was walking along a corridor next to an internal courtyard which was normally locked, and a tall guy in a check shirt and rigger boots apeared at the door asking if she had seen his baby, my mum went and got security, and abviously when she came back with them he was gone. later she found out one of her patients that had just given birth, her husband had just been killed that evening on the oil rigs.

Another one where she was sleeping in an on call room, but couldnt get to sleep, thought she saw some eyes in the wall watching her, she then either dreamt or experienced someone or something pulling at her legs and trying to pull her thorough the wall. She obviously ran of and later spoke to other nurses who had had similar experiences in that room.

Another one where she was with a patient and smelt Pipe smoke (tobacco), and asked everyone who was smoking and told them they couldnt smoke on the ward. Everyone denied smoking, but quite calmly explained “oh that will be grandad”. “Where is he?” my mum asked, “Oh- he died last year, but he did like to smoke a pipe”

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I glad others have seen them too, I do wonder why there are some who cannot see them, have you guys ever gone to a place to specifically see them, I mean gone to some place where they are known to be?

IanMunro
    Free Member

Whereas I wonder why people can see them.
    The brain’s a fascinating thing and spends a lot of time pattern matching.
    My guess is that for a given set of external stimula, different minds match to different patterns depending to some extent on their belief system. I have no belief in the after-life, so I’m never going to conclude that any external stimuli is a ‘ghost’. If you do you might.

I mean gone to some place where they are known to be?
    But for me such a place doesn’t exist.

There was a fascinating horizon program on the perception of colour that I think has strong parallels to this subject. To the extent that whether you can see a colour is dependent on if you have a word for that colour
    Well worth a watch
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b013c8tb

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I mean gone to some place where they are known to be?
    But for me such a place doesn’t exist.

See, this just confuses me, if I want to see one, I just get in my car and go to any of the many places up here in the north-east where I know I will see some.

tazzymtb

erm have a few experiences that the scientist bit of me tries to explain away, but still scares the poo out of me….. 😕

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Ooooh! Sorry sorry, jut realised my confusion, I’ve been talking about Goats!!! Oh shiit sorry. Ghosts?? No never sen one, don’t really believe in them To be honest. Sorry if I’ve misled anyone. Yeah, seen goats, never seen a ghost.
    Cheers

andysbeans
    Free Member

Not a ghost story as such but very touching…

One of my best friends lost her fight with cancer last week, she was only 40.

Last wednesday night her husband knew she didn’t have long left, she was upstairs in their bed and he was downstairs keeping himself busy and checking on her every 10 minutes. He decided to stay awake all night. Unfortunately he fell asleep watching a film downstairs.

He was woken by his wife shaking him on the shoulder, she was in front of him looking as she did before she was ill. He ran upstairs and held her as she died in his arms. She had wanted to say goodbye. Its a beautiful story with a sad ending. 😥

olddonald

Ok so more unexplained – grew up in an old house – very small 17th century, core 2 rooms, single story that had been added to over the years. Had dogs and when we moved in they would always come to greet us (kids) at the bottom of the stairs when they heard us moving around upstairs. My parents told us later they heard footsteps across one room (both grounded people) and the dogs would always do their usual thing – but no-one ever came because when my parents looked we were all still asleep. Very odd

As and adult in a different house both me and my wife heard foot steps – assuming it was our twins – both still asleep – ?

Very odd.

Also been scared sh**less on the somme – but thats understandable

BigEaredBiker
    Free Member

I once punched my girlfriend as she slept because there was an old hag hovering over the bed. Unfortunately there was nothing there to for my fist to connect with so it kept going. 😳

As a teenager I once woke up to see my brother standing there staring at me but not responding to my questions, turn on the light and he is in his bed asleep. 😕

In August 2001 I had a really vivid dream about an man who for some reason I knew to be a yank throwing himself out of a tall office block. Really weird when 9/11 happened a few weeks later and the reports of people jumping from the towers came out. 😯

Do I believe in the super natural? No. I think the brain will just see things, and, I have weird dreams all the time, but rarely have cause to remember them. 🙄

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Woooooooooooooounundred! 😀

You like that one innit….

tadeuszkrieger
    Free Member

I used to see and feel ghosts and giant insects all the time,since I’ve been a good boy and taken my anti-psychotics as per….. I haven’t seen a thing, well not much anyway.

Dancake
    Free Member

I dont want to Stereotype those people who believe in Ghosts, God (well you cant believe in one without the other can you? ) but you are all mad as a bucket of weird things

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I seen pylons dancing even though it was completely dark. The sky appeared purple, with orange boxy clouds.

Not ghosts though; LSD.

Actually, my experiences with Acid helped me understand how and why some people claim to have seen ‘ghosts’.

Hallucinations are easily possible even in otherwise sane and sound-minded people.

I spose calling such ‘apparitions’ ghosts is a way people try to rationalise something what is inexplicable.

One time, right, everything turned into a kind of Keith Haring cartoon nightmare….

That was quite discombobulating.

chewkw
    Free Member

Someone/something was knocking on the headboard of my bed last night. The sound was like drumming on a softwood, not loud but audible especially when my head was very near to the headboard. My headboard was made of wood and it woke me up but I kept still just to listen to it, but the moment I moved my head the knocking stopped. So I just went back to sleep. Weird.

This is an old building more than 200 years old by the way. Let’s see if it happens again tonight as “they” might get a good scolding from me if “they” are winding me up for no reason. 🙄

oh ya … “some” have the tendency to make themselves look like someone you know by the way. This happened to my friend when his GF thought he was looking at her while she was brushing her teeth in the shower room. My friend was watching TV at that time …

Viewing 24 posts - 81 through 104 (of 104 total)

The topic ‘Ghosts?’ is closed to new replies.