Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Getting stressed
  • rich_tee
    Free Member

Hello world
    Is it me? I have just been told I have to leave my accommodation on Saturday.
    Normally I'm quite organized but this has really thrown me at the thought of being homeless!
    Have to pack up and even clean before I leave and have to try to find somewhere tomorrow.

It's just trying to work out how/ where to start. Getting all sweaty and clammy just thinking about what I have to do
    Rich

simonralli2
    Free Member

How much notice was in your contract? Seems a bit on the quick side of things.

tails
    Free Member

Don't move what they gonna do, surely got to give you a week.

tails
    Free Member

on top of that if you have to move maybe put belongings in safe storage and stay at friends until you find nice enough place. i'm sure tj will be able to give you some advice in regards to this.

rich_tee
    Free Member

Sorry I'm in France and the contract was only 3 months. Can't get hold of owner and agent tells me that is the way it is

Gallic shrug

tails
    Free Member

don't surrender, they won't be that forceful

MidLifeCyclist
    Free Member

You could also try landlordzone website – somebody there may have some knowledge of french contracts.

It's a months notice in the uk (when given at the right time) can't imagine the french being that different!?

samuri
    Free Member

surely you can find another rent place in a week?

mandog

We'll fight them on the beaches.

uplink
    Free Member

Just look at them sternly – they'll give in

agent tells me that is the way it is

Gallic shrug
    I'd personally shrug back at the agent & say "no it isn't"

Although, I take it you've known for the last 3 months that you'll have to leave this Saturday?

surfer
    Free Member

Surely the French have had sufficient subsidies from the UK over the years. Do a Clarkson, stand in the doorway and say, already paid!

Sorry not much help, good luck

Dobbo

tails – Member

don't surrender, they won't be that forceful

😆 brilliant!

nbt

I'm sure that's wrong. this has been discussed on ski forums in relation to hiring out a property on seasonal let for tour-up workers – in france you can't be evicted from property too easily.

dazh

You're in France? Check out the legal situation. AFAIK there are laws in France that protect tenants from eviction.

I know this as my sister-in-law is a landlord over there and always used to complain that it was impossible to evict non-paying tenants due to the very stringent tenancy protection laws.

Obviously these may not be much use if the landlord sends round a couple of mates to 'enforce' it. Good luck anyway.

saladdodger
    Free Member

Rich Tee

long shot

where are you in france may possably be able to help

rich_tee
    Free Member

Thanks all – just to update; fortunately local friends have come to the rescue and have a place to go to until I find somewhere else.
    Im near Perpignan and have told the agent's to come later in the day for their rather bizarre inspection visit rather than their 9am suggestion. Didn't think they worked that early!

saladdodger
    Free Member

Sorry but my place is over 500km from you otherwise you could of used it

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Getting stressed’ is closed to new replies.