• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Getting smart utility meters removed?
  • lodious
    Free Member

Anybody know if this can be done? I’d been trying to get smart energy metering for nearly 3 years now with First Utility and gave up in November (totally random billing since Feb. this year…no interest in sorting it out). They have installed smart meters.

I’ve moved to British Gas, who initially said that although they could not use the smart metering information (as the meters First Utility installed are not compatible with BG), but I could submit readings manually using an Android app. It now looks like this is not possible, neither is it possible to submit a reading via the website or via telephone, unless you speak to a real person. They can’t do monthly billing either, because I have a smart meter 🙁

I’ve ended up in limbo, where I can’t submit readings manually, and BG say they won’t put a ‘dumb’ meter in, and they say it’s illegal to ‘trick’ the system into thinking it’s not a smart meter.

Pretty fed up about the whole thing…BG suggest waiting till 2020, when they will install a smart meter that works.

I’ve ended up in limbo, where I can’t submit readings manually, and BG say they won’t put a ‘dumb’ meter in, and they say it’s illegal to ‘trick’ the system into thinking it’s not a smartmeter.

Pretty fed up about the whole thing…BG suggest waiting till 2020, when they will install a smartmeter that works. Anybody have any insider information on how to sort this out?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Getting smart utility meters removed?’ is closed to new replies.