Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Getting SAP off car paint
  • Gee-Jay
    Free Member

Any good ideas? The misses’ car has been under an oak tree for the last couple of weeks & normal scrubbing with a sponge does not appear to do it.

WD40 seems to claim it will do it but I am worried about getting a bloom in the paintwork, has anybody tried it?

Cheers

rootes1

http://www.autoglym.com/engb/askexpert.asp?QuestionID=4312

first result on google..

autoglym products are ace

carlos
    Free Member

Wash with fairy liquid, Clay bar lubing it with sap/tar remover, Wash with decent car shampoo, Leather off, Polish, Finish with either a Sealant or a Wax.

Worked a treat when my mates neighbour sprayed most of his car with one of the wooden fence paints you get, unintentionally mind, the old bloke next door was about 90.

dooosuk
    Free Member

I wouldn’t put Fairy liquid on my car paint.

Wash with Autoglym shampoo, clay bar and then Autoglym Super Resin Polish etc.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

GT85, gets road tar off as well. Never noticed any ill effects – just wash after using.

carlos
    Free Member

dooosuk – Washing with fairy removes all the crud and stops you applying a coat of protection or whatever that the decent shampoo will do. It won’t do your paint any harm as its only a 1 off. I’ve washed mine using fairy a few times over the yr’s, before Claying, polish etc.. and its never done it any harm and it still comes up fantastic looking.

Although I do see and understand your point.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Getting SAP off car paint’ is closed to new replies.