Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • getting over chemo symptoms
  • showerman
    Free Member

last wed had my first alday chemo session cisplatin and gemcitabine over night stay let out thurs wasted alday fri
    just starting to get the muzzy head feelings to go but would not trust myself to go out on the bike 🙂
    what have you find helps to move on exercise foods ect did find the greggs cornish pasty a help this lunch time 😀 also seem to be addicted to frijj chocolate milkshake but managing to keep that at bay
    find it very hard to think about or want to eat “proper foods” may see the doc for some food supplements as advised by chemo nurse
    in my head i have this all sorted but just seem to lack any get up and go

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Stay away from citric acid if you feel nausea.

Stay positive and hope you get well soon 🙂

gt900uk
    Free Member

Hi Showerman

Sorry to post this here but had emailed you RE those forks you posted about in my wanted ad are you still looking to sell? Email me at gt900uk@hotmail.com

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    showerman
    Free Member

gt900uk
    sorry things happened real quick this end with going into hospital,forgot many things i had to do will sort out photos 2moro or monday when i get a clear head.

stanfree
    Free Member

Get well soon Showerman and get back on the bike soon.

gt900uk
    Free Member

It’s ok I figured something was up and you get no email notification of thread replies (wish they would sort that) so easy to miss, especially when you have more important thing on your mind! Sorry to hijack this thread I feel a bit cheeky doing that. Hope you get over this and are back out cycling ASAP!

rob-jackson
    Free Member

terry – i have a pressie for you on wednesday so you better be about for visitors

showerman
    Free Member

rob
    little chemo to do at noon but am told its not a show stopper so can go out for something to eat fingers crossed.

nickhart
    Free Member

Chemo messes with your taste buds like nothing else, having had a bit of the stuff myself I’d suggest listening to your body and giving it what it craves.
    I couldn’t hold an apple let alone eat one but loved oranges. Chinese was my weekness, morning noon and night I could have eaten the stuff.as for the milkshakes, drink em. Some folk struggle with keeping weight so you need to forget everything you know about nutrition and eat what ever you fancy. If you put weight on then so be it, lose it again after the treatment finishes, much easier than not having enough energy to cope with the chemo.
    Email me if you want nichart69 at gmail dot com. No one is the same so listen to what your body says and go with that.

weirdnumber
    Free Member

I always had a nice steak after a chemo session. Apart from that I found eating in the week after a chemo session utterly detestable. My taste was skewed, my mouth would hurt so much that drinking water was hard.
    Peas, cheese toasties and pumpkin soup were sort of my go to foods, but I was literally having to force feed myself and without family making me eat I probably wouldn’t have.

Chemo was one of the worst experience I have ever been through and I wouldn’t wish it on anyone.
    Eat what you want, if you can stuff your face then stuff it!

Stay positive and I wish you well!

theteaboy
    Free Member

Can’t speak from personal experience but people I’m close to have said that the metallic taste thing is horrible but does reduce towards the end of each cycle, and ginger biscuits helped with the nausea.

I hope you’re kicking its ass.

mossimus
    Free Member

Showerman RE: The muzzy headfeelings.

I got these on day 3 of very chemo cycle, turned out they were not chemo it self but the anti-nausea drugs. By the last cycle they told me not to bother taking these.

All chemo drugs are different but something worth baring in mind?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘getting over chemo symptoms’ is closed to new replies.