Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Getting colder
  • nosherduke996
    Free Member

Has anybody lit there woodstove yet.Just taken the mutt out for a walk and thought how chilly it,s getting.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Nope, but noticed the house temp was 17.5 last night and decided it's time to think about setting the heating to 19 rather than 14.

FuzzyWuzzy

I'm getting close to turning my central heating back on, it's pretty nippy getting up in the morning lately 🙁

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    binners

I'm setting fire to office furniture as we speak

loddrik
    Free Member

Heating well and truly on this morning.

grumm
    Free Member

Yup we had our woodstove on the other night – it was lovely, but I'm getting a bit worried about the lack of sunshine in the next few months 🙁

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

!!!!!!

I like my stove as much as the next man, but it ain't anywhere near cold enough for it (or central heating).

I will hold out till the last then accept we need the radiator on in the girls' room sometime in October I reckon.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Started using the stove 2 nights ago. Mainly because it's been in since April and not really used – I couldn't wait any longer. Also I suspect the wife was thinking about switching the heating on!

I'm amazed at the heat they put out – wish I'd put one in a long time ago. Giving serious thought to putting a bigger one (12kw) in the dining room/hall which is right inthe middle of the house.

Wife thinks it's brilliant and falls asleep even earlier now 😕

molgrips
    Free Member

Rode this lunchtime in my thin Endura jersey, and was a little chilled. Not too bad, but I wished I had a gilet or a base layer on a few times.

user-removed
    Free Member

Hmm. I've taken to wearing a jumper in the evenings and for dog walking if it's nippy but like mastiles, the heating won't be going on for a month or so yet.

Blame my upbringing – all us kids had a huge selection of horrible, wooly jumpers and the constant refrain was, "If you're cold, put another jumper on". It works too!

OCB
    Free Member

Err, I decided to put knee-warmers on to start off today, but that's it so far.
    Does that count? (also raised to "put another jumper on").

😉

FoxyChick
    Free Member

Thinking about lighting a fire but a tad worried cos the chimney's not been swept for 4 years! And NO, that's not a euphemism!!!!! 8)

transporter13
    Free Member

cold? schmold!

its only starting to get to a temp that i can say is comfortable…but then I only wear more than a t-shirt if its raining or snowing..and even then its just a wind/rainproof

I work nights and still have the aircon on at its coldest throughout.

ahwiles
    Free Member

my house is officially the coldest house in the world, and it's currently 17 degrees in here.

which is plenty.

i'll be happy to get it this warm in january…

Kuco

Cold? Where do you live, the Arctic?

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Just fired mine up – not a full burn, just a mini one to get some warmth into the walls… tomorrow I get a BIG wood delivery though so I should be nicely ready for the winter.

mrmo
    Free Member

just moved into a new house and am now trying to figure out how the boiler works. Hot water fine, heating???

Hohum
    Free Member

A bit chilly when I went out for a ride last night.

I had to put my gloves on for the first time this side of the summer solstice.

Thankfully our house is pretty well insulated so it does not take much to warm it up when the temperatures drop.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Had the stove on a couple of times to check all OK after I swept the flue, no problems and toasty warm. Currently have a small rain forest to chop up.

flip
    Free Member

Cold my arse, i've had lots of dram and i'm toastie 😉

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Capt. Kronos – Member
    Just fired mine up – not a full burn, just a mini one to get some warmth into the walls… tomorrow I get a BIG wood delivery though so I should be nicely ready for the winter.
    POSTED 1 HOUR AGO # REPORT-POST

You should have had it delivered last year to be ready for this winter 😉

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Getting colder’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts