Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Get your next mobile phone from……. Decathlon??
  • ninfan
    Free Member

Well, looks like I’m dragging this one up as I need a new phone

Has anyone actually handled one of these yet? looks bulky but the mahoosive battery life appeals to me a lot as I’m sick of my phone not lasting a whole weekend of use, and obviously the waterproofness and decent sized screen for GPS/map use seems quite useful for MTB etc.

anyone?

tomd
    Free Member

The new Sony Xperia phones are waterproof. I’ve been using the Z1 for a couple of months. Really good piece of kit, the battery life is great also. Would be interesting to see what this decathlon phone is like to use.

househusband

Be interesting to know what phone it is modelled on; I’m guessing it’ll be a repackaged phone made by one of the big OEM’s – I’ll be looking for a new phone in three months when my contract expires.

cookeaa

IP54 just means dust and splash/spray resistance, £200 for what is basically just another android phone, albeit on which can take a knock and the odd splash seems a shade steep when set against an xperia or similar on a contract…

Creaky

I would say the price looks reasonable compared to other rugged smartphones but IP54 is nothing special. The claim to be the “first mountainproof smartphone” is questionable going on outright lie.

Tuff phones

alpin
    Free Member

^^ i’ve got the arco s…. also water proof, a good job it does well (have submerged it in beer when drunk). but the battery isn’t amazing… it dies after 1,5 days of use with gps on. and it certainly isn’t shock proof. the back of mine is held together with sticky tape after a fall from a bench onto a concrete floor.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Get your next mobile phone from……. Decathlon??’ is closed to new replies.