Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Gerry Rafferty RIP
  • tankslapper
    Free Member
    Elfinsafety
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkS169P_Eeo[/video]

souldrummer
    Free Member

Another sad loss.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

You know he used to play the saxophone on Blockbusters

Gary_C

Was in Stealers Wheel iirc. RIP.

Bunnyhop

He always came across as a true musician, rather than someone who wanted to be famous as he shunned the limelight.

R.I.P.

Inbred456
    Free Member

The guy was a genius, Right down the line is the best non slushy love song ever written. I remember finding City to City in my dads record collection and putting it on. Not a bad song on the album. RIP Gerry.

CountZero

Oh dammit, that’s a real shame. Seems as though he had the same demons as John Martyn, booze caused both of them serious problems, and helped towards an early demise. Baker Street has been a favourite album of mine since it came out. Wogan used to play a Rafferty song that I loved but it took years to track down the album. Wing And A Prayer has three fabulous songs on it which show Rafferty hadn’t lost his songwriting skills: It’s Easy To Talk, Don’t Speak Of My Heart, and Don’t Give Up On Me. Gone, but he’s left a tremendous legacy of song behind him. RIP, Gerry.

druidh
    Free Member

Inbred456 – Member
    The guy was a genius, Right down the line is the best non slushy love song ever written.

+1

saladdodger
    Free Member

+2

fantastic song writer

RIP

CountZero

CharlieMungus – Member
    You know he used to play the saxophone on Blockbusters

*sigh* There’s always one…

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Really? Too soon?

mudmonster
    Free Member

Seems like he shunned the limelight. The complete opposite of todays talentless, fame obsessed s***e.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

It’s the best saxophone solo ever.

CountZero

Rafferty never played saxophone. Neither did Bob Holness for that matter. Only the stupid and ignorant think there’s any connection.

Trampus
    Free Member

Surely everyone knows that Raphael Ravenscroft played Blockbusters? 😈

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Surely everyone knows that Raphael Ravenscroft played Blockbusters

Oh come on, we all played Blockbusters

Rafferty never played saxophone. Neither did Bob Holness for that matter. Only the stupid and ignorant think there’s any connection.

Surely the truly ignorant would also not think there was a connection.

Oh, and I’m wondering if you were having a pop at me there, if so, you must have misunderstood my post. If not, then erm… yeah!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Gerry Rafferty RIP’ is closed to new replies.