Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Gentle/scenic rides in September
  • cranberry
    Free Member

I’m looking to get away in September for a few days, and looking for some decidedly gentle and scenic rides. I’m based in N. Yorks, but interested in trying/finding something different in riding terms. In terms of accommodation I was thinking of B&B/small hotels.

Where can you recommend ?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member
    Esme
    Free Member

Which bit of North Yorkshire? I assume you want to go somewhere different?

Drac

http://www.dalesbikecentre.co.uk/ is supposed to be excellent and will provide routes, accommodation and cake.

gusamc
    Free Member

As an option you could try looking at Travelodge site, as me and gf have been using the £20 per night deals.
    Lancaster – canal to Glasson (with Morecambe seafront planned for Sept)
    Monmouth – FOD
    Amesbury – Salisbury Plain
    Bmouth – seafront prom and Swanage area
    Newbury – Ridgeway
    Taunton – levels and canal

Other suggestion – check out galloway forest/glentrool area, there are lots of forest trails (*and trail centres) that you could use

Esme
    Free Member

I’d recommend buying Off-road Trails and Quiet Lanes which has twenty lovely routes in the Windermere/Settle/Penrith triangle (the author lives in Kendal).

I did most of these routes when I first started MTB, and they are all excellent. Mainly under 10 miles (but adjacent routes could be linked), not too strenuous – and most importantly for me, minimal tarmac!

cranberry
    Free Member

Esme- that book looks interesting, and very much what I am looking for – a gentle re-introduction to one of my bikes after a few years away.

TJ – that looks very nice – possibly for another time – is it a published route or one of your own invention ? Is it possible to park up a vehicle at one end for the duration of the stay ?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Crannberry – its my invention.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Gentle/scenic rides in September’ is closed to new replies.