Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Genius or Remedy..which one?
  • smogmonster

Have a bonus plus OT due at the end of the month – cant decide how to blow it. Its a choice of a Scott Genius 10 or Trek Remedy 9.9..both 150mm travel, lightweight, plenty of bling dripping off them.

Which one would you guys recommend?

thefallguy
    Free Member

genius geometry is more long travel xc bike whereas remedy is more laidback & all mountain in its focus, It depends what you're after really

for what its worth I find the scott feels twitchy compared to my stumpjumper, and I feel like I sit on top of it rather than it being part of me.

Rickos
    Free Member

As he says, same travel, but different bikes really I'd have thought.

bereavementmonkey
    Free Member

Remedy

Matinmidiswa
    Free Member

I have a Genius and love it. Super climber and well able for the downhill stuff (have done uplift days at Innerleithen)
    However, I find it is better sutied when in 130mm (front) mode as it feels more like it's natural, whereas the Remedy is designed as an All-mountain bike. I demoed a Remedy (8) before buying the Genius but thought it was too big and heavy compared to the Genius. The Genius has more adjustability, which I love…
    Tough decision, but I'd go for a Genius. Demo them both first if possible as they are totally different bikes.
    M.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Genius or Remedy..which one?’ is closed to new replies.