Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Genesis Latitude sizing recommendation
  • orange
    Free Member

What size are the taller Latitude riders using? the 19″ or 20.5″?

Recommending this bike to someone around 6’1″ with little MTB riding experience, they currently own a 2000 specialized rockhopper which I think is a 19″ frame and the manitou magnum forks with v brakes aren’t the most reassuring for the size of the rider really

mboy
    Free Member

They’re on the cusp really, as I am at 5ft 10 1/2 (the half is important!) with the 17.5″/19″ frames. I got the 17.5″ rather than the 19″ cos I prefer a slightly smaller frame with more standover, but there’s only about 15mm in the top tube between them anyway, which is a mere stem change away. The guy I got my frame from was an inch taller than me, and he just couldn’t get on with the 17.5 and found it too small, so replaced it with a 19″ and found it much better suited to his riding style and proportions.

Are they long in the leg or long in the torso, or just average?

I’d probably go for the 19″, but it would be best to get them to have a sit on both first if possible, see what feels better. My friend is 6ft 2 1/2 (again, the 1/2 is important!), and he needed the 20.5″ for sure as the 19″ wasn’t long enough in the top tube for him.

stevemorg2

I tried a 17.5 (I’m 5ft 10 and a bit ) and it felt too sort in the top tube. They didn’t have a 19 in stock but the 20.5 they had was like a gate – as mboy said a 19 should be OK

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

I’m 6foot and the 19 fits perfectly with a layback post and a 80 mm stem. I reckon he’d be fine on a 19 but a test ride would be advisable first if possible.

carts
    Free Member

hi orange, I’m 6.1 and on a 19″ get on great with it! I don’t have massive experience either by the way, went out on a 25 miler yesterday up through lecky to cranham great fun!

carts
    Free Member

that’s on a latitude as well!

hazzeryoda
    Free Member

I am 6′ 1″ or 2″ and long in the leg. I am ordering a 20.5″ after feeling that a 19″ was a bit too small.

If you have an evans near you, they can order you in bikes of different sizes to try. Most other shops refuse as this size doesn’t tend to sell quickly so they are wary. Evans just have shitloads in their central warehouse.

ahwiles
    Free Member

What size are the taller Latitude riders using? the 19″ or 20.5″?

some of us are waiting to have a go on one of these before making any decisions…

orange
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies guys!

Done some research and I’ve found that the 19″ rockhopper has an ETT of 590mm and he uses a 100mm stem

He has confirmed he is 6’2″ now, so maybe thinking the 20.5″ with a shorter stem, say 80mm, is nearly the same length

But then again the 19″ with a 90mm stem would be same

slownorm
    Free Member

I got mine a few weeks back I’m 6’2″ and went for the 20.5 ” .
    I’m glad I did the 19″ was just a little bit cramped.

slownorm
    Free Member

You could do worse than try c and n cycles in redhill surrey.I have no ties in this shop but they had the bike in next day
    And they were the only shop I tried from the distributor list that would do a discount.

hazzeryoda
    Free Member

I can backup what slownorm says, I’m about the same height due to long limbs and the 19 would have ‘done’ in theory but still slightly cramped.

I can also backup that C and N offered me the frame for £330, but less than anyone else. I rang about 8 shops around southern england.

H

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Genesis Latitude sizing recommendation’ is closed to new replies.