Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Geeks, your help required, step this way if you will…..
  • Bianchi-Boy
    Free Member

My wifes PC was working fine, then she switched it on this morning. Makes all the right noises but no screen display at all, nowt, zilch, bu**er all.

So I ask her to bring a screen and cable home from her office, i plugged those in tonight and …..no difference.

So, my question to you my little nerdy friends is, is it likely to be the graphics card or something more serious!?

Thank you,

BB

retro83
    Free Member

No beep codes or anything?Swap all the bits out one at a time until you find whats broken.
    Start with the graphics card could well be that…

Bianchi-Boy
    Free Member

Beep codes?????

I thank you for your assistance, really, I do, but could we try to keep the advice in a language that i might understand. Please? :0)

BB

Flaperon

Beep Codes:

Does the funny white boxy-woxy thingy make strange beepy-weepy soundy noises at you when you push the big ON button on the case?

Tongue in cheek! Honestly!

allthepies
    Free Member

Sometimes if there's a fault which the computer can detect at power-on then it emits a sequence of beeps to describe the fault e.g. two short beeps == memory screwed etc.

CountZero

Mend it with a new one.

Bianchi-Boy
    Free Member

Now that I am fluent in the language known to a few as "Beep Codes" I shall press the power button and count away. I just hope the kids don't use the microwave at the same time!

BB

Ps, thank you, I do appreciate it.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

If I was a nerd, I'd find you faintly patronising.

scaredypants

GeekTFU

stratobiker
    Free Member

Does the screen/display screen/monitor take digital as well as analogue signal?

If for some reason or another like power cut/ pulling plug out/ etc xyz
    It may be possible that the screen/display screen/monitor is expecting one type, but getting the other in which case it will display nothing.

Does the screen/display screen/monitor have some buttons?

Following a full re-boot I'd dick about with those for a bit before I'd start taking my machine to bits.

SB

samuri
    Free Member

If I was a nerd, I'd find you faintly patronising.

No you wouldn't because nerds are socially inept mental cripples. If you were a *geek* you would find him faintly patronising and would be able to select a finely tuned insult laden with intelligence and dry wit from the great many that your large brain has to hand.

Bianchi-Boy
    Free Member

deadlydarcy – Member

Get out more.

Or don't bother posting if you don't like the subject of the thread.

Thanks for your contribution Mr DeadlyDarcy.

BB

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Geeks, your help required, step this way if you will…..’ is closed to new replies.