Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)
  • Gee Atherton crashed & broken tibia!
  • fbk
    Free Member

I’ve seen a few random reports about this on the web. Anyone know any details?

jam-bo

That’s gonna hurt in the morning…

dirtyrider
    Free Member

its on his twitter

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Nuts! Poor Gee. I think they’re just pushing themselves so hard to compete with Aaron.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Next race not till june so he may be ok

kaesae
    Free Member

I think that gee is on a gimp of a bike like I’ve said before and that if he was on a giant or a trek he would be doing a lot better in terms of results.

The win he took on the Commencal said a lot about his ability.

As Commencal rock the suckness!

ashfanman
    Free Member

Gutted. After all the bad luck he had last season with mechanicals, now this…

Next race not till june

Is that right? Why the ma-hoosive gap?

jockhaggis
    Free Member

Next race not till june so he may be ok

Out for the season I would think.

legend
    Free Member

I think that gee is on a gimp of a bike like I’ve said before and that if he was on a giant or a trek he would be doing a lot better in terms of results.

thought it was Sam Hills bike that you were always banging on about?? So that’s GT, Specialized and Commencal DH bikes that all suck now??

Wonder if Gee will manage to keep being his usual cheery self?

jam-bo

What about a Scott?

dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

doubt he’ll be back for the next round.. worlds would be a more likely bet i’d say.

iain1775
    Free Member

Don’t you ride a Commencal Kael?
    At least you used to, did that one suck, was it difficult to lock up outside Asda? 😉

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

I’ve fallen off my bike many times and never won a single World Cup DH. I should get a Trek.

mr_mills
    Free Member

…was it difficult to lock up outside Asda?

It wasn’t locked up at all. That’s how he acquired it.

Northwind

So out of curiosity Kaesae, how much time have you spent on the carbon Fury?

muddyfunster
    Free Member

kaesae

Get in there mate! This was gonna be a fairly predictable thread and BOOM! You come out with that prize piece of bullsh**!

robsoctane
    Free Member

Poor Gee.

My wife’s words: ‘Seems like the Athertons have seen their day now’. I think I agree with her.

I didn’t see Rach at the 1st round this year, where was she? Gee’s now fecked and his bro? well… 🙄

Northwind

TBH an on-form Rachel could win a world cup without turning up for every round. Not sure if we’ll see that or not but don’t rule her out. And Gee’s hardly old, be surprising if this doesn’t cost him a year but he’ll be back soon enough. And Dan’s still doing his enduro thing, which in the long run might turn out to be a cannier move than anyone thinks.

GT must be delighted though…

dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

rachel bores the life out of me.. plus i think hannah will show her up this year, i hope so anyway.

Gee is always confident and hungry.. you can’t knock him really. I wonder how much this will affect him? hopefully it’s an uncomplicated break, he could of done really well this year.

finners

he will be out for at very least 10 – 12 weeks if hes lucky. like very lucky. 2012 season down the swany…..

dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

it’s that pedalling lark innit? If he was a gp rider they’d lift him on the bike and he’d be on the front row at the next race, even if it was in a couple of weeks!

theflatboy
    Free Member

“After a crash in training I broke my tibia”… how did he break it then? 😕

atlaz
    Free Member

It’ll probably be DJ or road riding knowing their luck.

mildred

Any win at that level says something about his ability, irrespective of the bike he’s riding. Also, I think there were a few more than 1 win:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gee_Atherton

Also, wasn’t the commencal contact system widely lauded as the finest single pivot system out there? Designed by Olivier Bossard, who know a bit about suspension design…?

Are you getting a bit mixed up with recent warranty tales of woe?

Diane
    Free Member

Please say this is an April Fool 🙁

bikeytom
    Free Member

April fools I reckon

chvck
    Free Member

Bit early for an April fool? Given that it was tweeted a couple of days ago?

kaesae
    Free Member

GT must be delighted, their bikes are gopping!

I think the Athertons have gone mad 😯

You’d need 3 pints of strong cider just to sit on one and at least 7 to ride one and enjoy it!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Is the way a bike looks related to it’s performance somehow*? Not questioning your bike reviewing skills or intricate knowlage of suspension systems and frames (well, actualy I am, but I’m being polite) but you did once try and convince us that by packing the bearings with grease the bikes performance would impove as it removed the damping load from the shock……….

*except that everyone knows red bikes are faster

RHSno2
    Free Member

Kaesae: Beaumont won Val Di Sole on a Fury. That was a really easy course though! 😉

greeble
    Free Member

to get the current fury in any rideable state for Gee they had to
    shorten the shock i-2-i
    offset bushes
    angle cups

Lifer
    Free Member

RHSno2 – Member
    Kaesae: Beaumont won Val Di Sole on a Fury.

Pfffft you can prove anything with facts.

hora
    Free Member

****, get well soon Gee.

wwaswas

errrm, when he says ‘completely over having a broken leg already’ and the fact that the original was posted on the first of April – any connection?

RobHilton
    Free Member

^ I read that as having had enough of the experience & would like to move on.

But can’t.

For a while.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

to get the current fury in any rideable state setup as per gee’s preferancesfor Gee they had to

FTFY

It’s fairy well documented that the Athertons have different ideas of what meakes a good bike. At commencal they entirely custom frames, even when CG was there he had his swingarms shortened, they had theirs lengthened! Dirt went as far as saying they thought the bike would be unrideble for normal people (and they’d ridden it!). and going back as far as Mongoose Gee was interviewed as saying he hadn’t a clue how the Mongoose bike handled, as he’d never ridden one!

GW
    Free Member

Mongoose?

atlaz
    Free Member

I thought when they rode for Mongoose it was another company’s frame resprayed and restickered?

greeble
    Free Member

muddy fox!

and they rode respayed and stickered intense m-1’s

its the same as the halfords teams riding azonic recoils and intense m3’s

Toasty

Haven’t all the cool kids got offset bearings nowadays anyway?

I heard he removed the reflectors and bell, then swapped the plastic pedals for some metal ones. It was barely a GT Fury by the time he’d finished.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Gee Atherton crashed & broken tibia!’ is closed to new replies.