Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Gas BBQ's – advice on new one please
  • greyman
    Free Member

Our old one is about ready for the skip I reckon, so what features should I look for on a new one, any particular model or brand ?
    (just a heads up really, narrow it down a bit before diving back in to the bewildering arena of Google …)

Ta

G.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Weber Q200 or 100 if you don’t need the extra capacity. We’ve got both and they’re great. Last for years, don’t rust away to nothing, very controllable.

*Awaits flaming (and smoke and a delay of 40 mins before cooking) for saying that gas is a BBQ

ransos
    Free Member

*Awaits flaming (and smoke and a delay of 40 mins before cooking) for saying that gas isn’t a BBQ

It isn’t a BBQ. It’s an OGD (outdoor grilling device).

sharkbait
    Free Member

It isn’t a BBQ. It’s an OGD (outdoor grilling device).

Actually according to Wikipedia you’re quite wrong:
    1) In the UK grilling is cooking food quickly under a high heat – which obviously isn’t what a Weber Q does
    2) In the US BBQ-ing is slowly cooking meat over an indirect heat – this is something a Weber Q can do quite easily (and is how we use ours) but is considerably harder/less frequently done by you charcoal burners.

You could obviously stick in your pipe and smoke it – might taste nicer 🙂

binners

I think you’ll find, Susan, that its one of these

that’s been transferred outdoors. Would you expect any difference in performance from many gas hobs? 😉

sharkbait
    Free Member

Would you expect any difference in performance from many gas hobs?

Yes, Henry, I would.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

actually according to Wikipedia…

Have you any idea how silly you look using Wikipedia to back you up? I mean, really, it’s like saying ‘According to my my mate Nigel…’

It’s a US website, written mostly by US citizens, written in American, and is the US view of the world, far removed from what the world’s other 199 countries inhabitants consider to be fact. According to wikipedia ‘STW’ is an acronym.

Organisations (including schools & colleges) in the UK have been warned by the Government about the inaccuracy of wikipedia (I’ve already posted about this, search my history).

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

I rate BeefEater bbq’s. They’re Aussie designed, and the one I’ve had has been going strong for about 6 years. It gets left outside over winter with a cover on, and is still looking good and working perfectly. Very well built.

Beefeater

MartynS

If your anywhere near Stockport/Manchester I’ve one I got from tesco a couple of years ago. Don’t really use it, don’t really want it!!!
    Free to a good home….

stuntmansteve
    Free Member

Weber or Broil King is the way to go

ransos
    Free Member

Actually according to Wikipedia you’re quite wrong:

Have a look in lost property and see if someone has handed your sense of humour in.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Have you any idea how silly you look using Wikipedia to back you up?

Jesus – do you always take things so seriously?

kilo

+1 for broil king

ransos
    Free Member

Jesus – do you always take things so seriously?

sharkbait
    Free Member

“y”

sharkbait
    Free Member

doh!

benslow
    Free Member

Weber gas – has sat outside for the last ten years and apart from some mild fading is as good as day we bought it.

Only scrub iron grill occasionally.

Recommend it.

greyman
    Free Member

Cheers guys, was thinking Weber anyway, but do like the look of those Broil Kings .. get the debit card out methinks. Ta.

Oh, and from Wikimerica’s own site …

There are more than 77,000 active contributors working on more than 22,000,000 articles in 285 languages. As of today, there are 4,284,139 articles in English. Every day, hundreds of thousands of visitors from around the world collectively make tens of thousands of edits and create thousands of new articles to augment the knowledge held by the Wikipedia encyclopedia. (See the statistics page for more information.)

LOL ! 😯

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Gas BBQ's – advice on new one please’ is closed to new replies.