• This topic has 22 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Xbox's
  • soma_rich
    Free Member

Need to get one for my son, well he wants one!

If I buy a 4gb one will everything work OK will he be able to play Minecraft and Forza.
    Can I upgrade to add the 250 HDD later on?

Cheers

rwc03
    Free Member

Might be worth holding off for a week as the new one is to be announced on Tuesday:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2013/apr/24/xbox-720-next-gen-reveal-21-may

Won’t be available until Christmas but then you’ll have a choice of the new one or cheaper 360.

And yes you can just buy a hard drive later and slot it in to the 4GB Flash version

soma_rich
    Free Member

Definatly not buying a new one, and will be buying before his birthday in July. So looks like a 4Gb one it is 🙂

Toasty

4gb will be a bit tight for Minecraft saves, he’ll definitely not be able to download many demos and things.

soma_rich
    Free Member

Its okay I have loads of HDD knocking about that I can bung in it. Just as long as it has the expansion ports? Do I need an XBOX specic adaptor or is it just SATA>?

Cougar

You can upgrade later, but it’s almost certainly not cost-effective to do so. Get the 250 to start with and be done with it, it’s the best option all round.

The HDD is a sealed unit and Xbox-specific. Fitting your own would be non-trivial.

DezB
    Free Member

Are you buying new or 2nd hand?

gmex619
    Free Member

It does say definitely not new..

But I would agree go for the 250 as the 4 is far too little. My 360 has 5 games and its 10gb full.

patriotpro
    Free Member

If I buy a 4gb one will everything work OK will he be able to play Minecraft and Forza.
    Can I upgrade to add the 250 HDD later on?

You can upgrade but as Cougar says, check the deals carefully as 4gb (acutally 2.6gb useable what with system software, etc) is nowehere near enough, especially if your lad will be going on-line.

A top console btw and an excellent time to purchase an pick up all the classic games for next to nowt.

DezB
    Free Member

It does say definitely not new

Oh yes, missed that post!

Rich – just a warning – I bought a 2nd hand Xbox off Ebay, all works fine, but is banned from Xbox Live, so can’t download anything. Doesn’t matter to me, but you might want to check that before buying.

soma_rich
    Free Member

Ooh good point Dez wasn’t that to do with chipped consoles?

Looks like I should get the 250gb one then.
    Dez your have to come over for an games/beer night when i get it 😉
    Thanks all!

stumpyjon

I regretted getting a 4Gb one and later stuck the extra drive in. Also use ours now instead of a DVD and use it for iPlayer. Makesure it will connect to the net or you’ll lose a lot of functionality. Cost £40 per year for Xbox live membership.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Xbox live can be had for much less than £40

Cougar

I use http://www.electronicfirst.com/ for XBL gold – looks dodgier than a dodgy thing, but service has always been spot on for me, used ’em for years.

jkomo

Cougar- nice one

Onzadog
    Free Member

Xbox’s what?

Sorry, no help at all but it is STW so someone had to.

😳

docrobster
    Free Member

Thanks for reading my mind and starting this thread. Son is 12 next week and wants an Xbox. Now know what to get.

MountainMutant
    Free Member

I got a 250gb Xbox for my birthday with COD black ops.

Should I be able to save the whole game to the console somehow? It’s a noisy beast with the disk spinning up all the time.

Had a short trial of Xbox live and got my ass kicked playing COD! Will have to join up and get some practice in.

MM

Cougar

Yes, you can. You still the disc in (for copy protection reasons) but you can copy the bulk of the game to the HDD. Quieter and loads faster. I can check how if you can’t work it out, I can’t remember offhand.

Euro
    Free Member

My nephew got the 4gb for xmas. It holds about 5 demos. 250 is the way to go.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Not meaning to over-do the point BUT most demos are almost 2gb now so one demo and your 4gb is full.

So you know after market drives can be had for £30. New and 250gb.

transporter13
    Free Member

Don’t do it!!! It gets addictive!!!

I play mine more than the kids do 😳
    I’m forever on black ops 2 😀

DezB
    Free Member

Don’t do it!!! It gets addictive!!!

Nope. .Don’t get it myself.

[i]Ooh good point Dez wasn’t that to do with chipped consoles?[/i]

Can be a number of reasons for getting it banned… including trying to use someone else’s ID, and yes, cheating at online games! Once console is banned, there ain’t no way to get it un-banned.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Xbox's’ is closed to new replies.