Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Gary Mason RIP
  • xcstu
    Free Member

Boxer Gary Mason dies in cycling collision in London

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-12135980

yet another cyclist killed don the streets of london 🙁

spacemonkey

Just heard this on the radio. Very sad, especially if the verdict is indeed careless driving.

maxray
    Free Member

The article I read suggested he had no lights on his bike, it would have been pretty dark at 6am.

Hearing about any cycling fatalities reminds me just how vigilant you need to be, and sadly that sometimes it is completely out of your control :'(

brakes
    Free Member

yet another cyclist killed don the streets of london

I know that even one death is one too many and as a London commuter my heart sinks every time I hear this, but the numbers of cycling deaths are going down, with 10 in 2010, which is pretty good considering the massive increase in the number of cyclists

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Mason is the first person to die in a cycling incident in London in 2011, according to Transport for London.

That’s reassuring, given we are just 7 days into the year.
    🙁

DezB
    Free Member

That’s sad. He was a good bloke from what I could tell from his TV appearances.
    Shame there’s the usual STW response of presuming it’s the cyclists fault. 😕 (not from all, of course)

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I saw Gary box at York Hall many years ago. Also saw him at a public do some time after. He just seemed like a lovely person; had time for everyone, had a laugh, just seemed such a nice feller.

Such a sad loss. Thoughts to his family and loved ones.

It’s that smile I’ll always remember.

maxray
    Free Member

Don’t be a fool dezb, I never said that.

Cletus

I met him in Tenerife in 1990. He was on holiday but was happy to chat and seemed quite humble and grounded.

A real shame.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Gary Mason RIP’ is closed to new replies.