• This topic has 11 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by cp.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Garmin Forerunner 210
  • martinm116
    Free Member

Morning all.

Anybody used one of these?

Thinking of getting one so I track runs with more accuracy than my nike+ shoe sensor thingy.

I was between the Garmin or the new Nike+ sport watch that came out last week, but the nike+ one is really expensive as you have to buy the HR monitor separately. Plus some of the reviews of the nike+ watch say that it takes ages to pick up the GPS signal, don’t really want to be stood outside the house waiting for 10 minutes waiting for a passing satellite, has anyone used the Garmin one?

mrblobby
    Free Member

I’ve got an older forerunner 405 and it’s excellent. Only complaint is the slightly dodgy bezel navigation, but they seem to have done away with that for the new ones. Can take a few minutes to pick up a satellite signal when it’s cloudy and wet. Being able to program it with paced intervals is one of the best features.

geoffj

MrsJ has the 205 (no HRM). Its a good bit of kit and records things accurately. She switches it on in the conservatory before putting her shoes on and it has the signal by the time she is ready to go.

The 305 (with hrm) is available for less than £100 at the moment.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Garmin-Forerunner-305-Wrist-Worn-Personal/dp/B000FMQ296/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1301994855&sr=8-2

surfer
    Free Member

I have the 305 and mrs Surfer has the 205. Great bit of kit and great for monitoring effort and progress.

I use Sporttracks free software as oppose to the Garmin one.

martinm116
    Free Member

they look massive though the 205 and 305.

although less than £100 is tempting.

geoffj

they look massive though the 205 and 305.

I know what you mean, but Mrs J is a size 8 and manages it no problem. The bigger screen makes it easier to see what you are doing when running too.

TBH, you could buy it and then punt it on for £80 if you decided it wasn’t for you.

djglover
    Free Member

I have the 110 and its great. Picks up satelites in a matter of seconds usually and the garmin connect site is good for analysing the data. not sure what the 210 offers incrementally to the 110, but I’d recommend the 110

martinm116
    Free Member

Looked at 110 only difference between that and the 210 is training zones I think, not much price difference though between 2 so thought I would just go for the 210, geoffj has thrown a fly in the ointment though with the 305 for £99 🙂

martinm116
    Free Member

What sort of weight is the 205/305? The size makes it look heavy, is it noticeable?

epicsteve
    Free Member

I bought one of the 305’s from Amazon and have used it on the bike (including with the cadence sensor) and running (also sometimes with a cadence sensor for when I’m on the treadmill). It’s a fairly chunky unit but not too heavy and I haven’t found the size or weight to be a problem in use.

Excellent bit of kit in my experience.

uplink
    Free Member

What sort of weight is the 205/305?

just weighed my 305 on our letter scales for you – 76g

cp

another FR305 user here – awesome kit, especially for £100 new. You pick it up and think it may be an issue weight/size wise, but I completely forget it’s there unless I’m looking at it. Used for running & biking.

I use garmin connect online for recording activities – which is really nice.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Garmin Forerunner 210’ is closed to new replies.