• This topic has 46 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by fbk.
Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Garmin Edge 800
  • JustGoRide
    Free Member

You don’t by any chance have any connection to JustGoRide, do you, JGR?

Nah 😉

Didzy2009 – no matter how you draw/save/download a route it has to have points in it. If it where just a start and finish point your route would be a straight line. Each point has to be represented as a longitude/latitude in the route file. Its the way these points are saved on your Dakota that will depend on which kind of points are used.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

ahhh right, but how come on the edge etc you can save them as tracks that dont include these points all over them? id save mine as tracks but when i try to load them onto the garmin it doesnt recognise them in the usual place i would load .gpx files?

JustGoRide
    Free Member

Hmm, not sure about where you drop the gpx files. The Dakota I had has long since gone back to Garmin. Have you tried downloading a route from our website directly to your Dakota – Just sign in, view a route, plug in your dakota and click on the download icon in the top right hand corner.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

yeah dont have an issue with .gpx files it works a treat, was just hoping to fit aload more routes on, ahh well never mind, guess ill have to faff about when i want to change a few of the routes on the dakota, no major biggie would have just been easier store aload on there as .tcx files

cheers for the help/info though

fbk
    Free Member

For those people interested in this, it look like the Garmin UK release dates are slipping a bit. Several sites are now saying early December (despite what Wiggle/CRC still promise).

Hopefully still in time for Christmas…

foxyrider
    Free Member

You still want your order then Neil? 😉

fbk
    Free Member

Hmmmm

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Garmin Edge 800’ is closed to new replies.