Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Garmin Edge 800
  • devs
    Free Member

All you other lucky PSA deal grabbers – what kind of map card did you get with yours? I’ve got a huge SD card which won’t fit in the slot which is microSD. Have they sent me the wrong card with it or am I being a biff?

singlespeedstu

The micro sd card is inside the sd card. Just pull it out the bottom.

CHB

You are being a bit biff (whatever that is!) 😉

CHB

On a different not…as a fellow PSA 800 buyer…do these come with the latest maps? Mine seem to be pre 2009 maps for Leeds (or is that just OS update cycles?).

easygirl

It’s an old term that people don’t usually use when they know what it really means!

devs
    Free Member

Aha! Biff I am then, didn’t spot the cunningly hidden micro card inside. The wallet it came in doesn’t have the edge listed in the compatible models so I thought it might be the wrong one. Cheers.

devs
    Free Member

Care to enlighten easygirl? I’m no youngster and I have been around the block a lot of times with the t shirts and creases on the forehead to prove it 🙂 It means a thick person, a shag or a punch within these here parish boundaries. I think it’s obvious which one applied but you can apply others if it fits in your head 🙂

CHB

Ah…biff…got it…along the same lines as joey. Insults we grew up with but only trained comedians can use now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spina_bifida

or

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biff_Tannen

devs
    Free Member
    LardLover
    Free Member

Whilst you’re here, is it possible to customise the display. I would like to have speed, average speed (can you get average speed??!), trip distance, heart rate, cadence.

(another PSA bargain blagger – albeit a drunken xmas day purchase 😳 )

CHB

lardlover yes it is possible…in fact the list of options is huge.
    You need to look under settings and then bike settings.
    You can configure multiple screens and specify how many data fields and what those data fields are for each screen.

Mantastic
    Free Member

Didn’t take long for this thread to start going wrong, and with no big hitters in sight, must be a first.

Coleman
    Free Member

As CHB rightly says above.
    For a bit more info it’s all described starting on page 31 in the manual.
    http://static.garmincdn.com/pumac/Edge_800_OM_EN.pdf

LardLover
    Free Member

Got it sorted now, that was very easy!

Now, where do I go for a walk-through explanation of programming a turn-by-turn route. Is there anywhere I can plot it on a map and download it to my gps?

easygirl

Go to bike hike.co.uk
    Plot a route on the map, plug your 800 in to computer, download route to 800
    Unplug and go ride!

Disclaimer: can be that simple but probably won’t be,Y

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Check it’s on the latest firmware, as 2.40 (I think that’s the latest anyway) will allow you to configure up to 5 custom pages (click the spanner, then bike setup, then training I think – this is from hazy memory!)

apreading
    Free Member

Also this site is very useful for getting you started – its still a steep learning curve with a fair bit of trial and error thrown in though…

Frank Kinlans dummies guide to the edge 800

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Garmin Edge 800’ is closed to new replies.