Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • garmin 705 upload failure
  • All-On-Black
    Free Member

Having trouble uploading activities to garmin connect at the moment where history doesnt save on the garmin when i plug it in to the pc.. just skips it. the activities are still in the history but it wont load them onto the pc.. any ideas?? the garmin forum has been no help at all!!

specky4eyes
    Free Member

Is the memory full? Try deleting some of the files in history, it worked for me.

d45yth
    Free Member

It can often be the USB cable. I’ve had the same problem before. You might have a cable off something else…I ended using a PS3 controller cable.

fluxhutchinson
    Free Member

If your using Internet explorer try using Firefox fixed all my problems with my garmin 705.

All-On-Black
    Free Member

Deleted old stuff and tried another cable.. but the problem seems to be in the garmin device not the connection because the pc recognises the device and wil transfer old stuff over. the device just wont save the new activities ready to upload. thanks for your help though guys. any other ideas? history is backing up now!!

Dibbs
    Free Member

I’ve been having a similar problem lately, I took the microSD card out and it worked OK. I’ve now taken all the old stuff that was on the SD card and put it in a separate folder and the problem’s gone away (the 705 starts quicker too).

Dibbs
    Free Member

There was a problem a long time ago where if you had a corrupted TCX file it wouldn’t upload and it stopped any new files from uploading too. You could try copying the oldest file that won’t upload, save it somewhere, delete it from the 705 and see if that cures the problem. If you post the file on the 705 forum someone may be able to fix it for you.

All-On-Black
    Free Member

ok i’ve tried removing the sd card and that didn’t work.

How do I copy an activity to another folder if it doesn’t show the new activities that haven’t yet been uploaded? The new activities don’t show in the my computer>garmin>history folder..

I don’t wanna start deleting stuff that I haven’t uploaded on the off chance it may fix the problem incase it doesn’t and I delete things unneccesarily.

fluxhutchinson
    Free Member

Just try what i said above…

All-On-Black
    Free Member

It’s not gunna make any difference what browser I use, the garmin device is what’s faulty, but thanks for your input.

Is there any way to reset the device without deleting activities?

Dibbs
    Free Member

I take it you’ve already tried what’s suggested here.
    https://forums.garmin.com/showthread.php?t=26631

hugor
    Free Member

Its probably a corrupted file which happens occasionally.
    With your garmin connected if you explore the device there will be a history folder.
    Corrupted files are usually too small. Most of mine are 200 – 300 kb and corrupted ones are like 20.
    The file dates are easily identifiable by the file name.
    Find the first activity that didnt upload the cut it out of there and dump it on your desktop.
    Retry syncing.

fluxhutchinson
    Free Member

I had the same problem…

All-On-Black
    Free Member

Ok, i’m sure i’ve said it before but i’ll say it again. The garmin will not save the last few activities ready for uploading to the pc, therefore I CANNOT view them in the history folder on the pc.

So, I literally can’t do anything with the files on the garmin except delete them using the options on the device.

The procedure would normally be, plug the usb cable into the computer, plug the cable into the device, the device switches on, and if there are new activities then it saves the history, and then connection to the pc is ready.

In my case, I connect it all up, and at the point where it normally saves the history, it starts at 0%, but then the screen just goes to the connection icon and it connects to the pc as normal.

I’ve tried two different cables in 4 different usb ports.

I’m losing patience because it is such a simple thing to go wrong, yet these devices cost so much money! And where is the support? None! So i’m here on a free forum hoping other people have had trouble with their garmins so that they can help me! That’s not how I expect things to work really! Or am I alone in that??

hugor
    Free Member

i said explore the history folder in the device not your computer!!!!!

Read before rant please.

Anyway I’m out of this, mine has worked fine for 5 years thanks but I sort these problems quickly.

All-On-Black
    Free Member

Right, that’s what I thought you meant but nowhere in the history on the garmin can I find any file sizes?

I’m sorry for sounding short tempered but i’ve been trying so many different things to get this working again.

Apologies and I do regard your input as valuable. I’m not massively techy so I can’t fix problems like this as easy as some people can! 🙄

hugor
    Free Member

No probs.
    Have you found the folder on the device. Cant remember if its called history or activities. There should be loads of files numbered by date.
    If you have the folder go to View -> Details.
    The files will be listed and the file sizes are next to them.
    A corrupt file will stand out as a very small one.

All-On-Black
    Free Member

Just deleted a couple of the last few files at random and hey presto.. it’s working again. Although i’ve lost the data from a 12.5 mile walk along the North Downs with my girlfriend now!

Thanks again for your help everyone, much appreciated

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘garmin 705 upload failure’ is closed to new replies.