Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Garden tramplolines
  • marcus
    Free Member

Looking to get a 10 – 12 foot one for the garden but some of them seem a little bit too cheap for something thats going to get a fair bit of hammer.

Has anyone got advice on makes and suppliers to go for / avoid ?

Cheers

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

My wife who is an orthopaedic surgeon would say avoid them all as she has seen far too many injuries caused by them…she puts them in the same league as chain saws for things not to have at home.

philconsequence
    Free Member

do you not watch you’ve been framed?! 😯

nosherduke996
    Free Member

Just make sure that you can get the spare net and cushions because they dont last forever because of the u.v rays and the rain.
    We bought one for the granddaughter 2 years ago and she still goes on it,even in the winter.

marcus
    Free Member

Funky – even when surrounded by a fence and bouncing is limited to 1 at a time.

jools182
    Free Member

loads of them around here

chav central 😉

marcus
    Free Member

jools – i see plenty of chavs riding ‘mountain bikes’ as well

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I assume so as most people tend to buy ‘safe’ ones with padding and netting…they still have holes in them and places to catch and bend limbs or brake necks etc…

woody2000

As per FunkyDunc, my good lady is a physio and treats the patients the surgeons have re-assembled 🙂

Guess you could say the same thing about mountain biking though!

binners

A word of advice. I know its for the kids and everything. But…. When you and your mates get really really drunk, don’t be tempted to have a go, then possibly move it under a tree so you can jump out of the tree to bounce higher.

That would be very ill advised and could possibly end up with someone being carted off to hospital with a broken arm.

Not that I know anyone who would do something so stupid.

jools182
    Free Member

wasn’t having a dig marcus

no offence intended

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Tramampoline!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

A further word of advice… make sure the kids can’t peer into your neighbours, otherwise secluded, windows when jumping up and down on them.
    Their innocent voyeurism, could mean an innocence lost…

antigee

female neighbour to male neighbour “what was that going boing?”

jordie
    Free Member

make sure it is anchored down as last winter it was a little windy around here. During the night there was an almighty crash one of our neighbours trampolines took flight and smashed through two wooden 6 foot fences luckily it came to rest against a house.The fence looked like something had driven through it.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Please keep the springs oiled. Our neighbour had one a couple of years back and their kid used it every fookin sunny day.

creak, squeak, boing, creak, squeak, boing, creak, squeak, boing, creak, squeak, boing, creak, squeak, boing, creak, squeak, boing, creak, squeak, boing, creak, squeak, boing, creak, squeak, boing, creak, squeak, boing, creak, squeak, boing, creak, squeak, boing, creak, squeak, boing, creak, squeak, boing, creak, squeak, boing, creak, squeak, boing, creak, squeak, boing, creak, squeak, boing, creak, squeak, boing, creak, squeak, boing, creak, squeak, boing, creak, squeak, boing, creak, squeak, boing, creak, squeak, boing, creak, squeak, boing, creak, squeak, boing, creak, squeak, boing, creak, squeak, boing, creak, squeak, boing, creak, squeak, boing, creak, squeak, boing, creak, squeak, boing, creak, squeak, boing, creak, squeak, boing, creak, squeak, boing, creak, squeak, boing, creak, squeak, boing, creak, squeak, boing, creak, squeak, boing, creak, squeak, boing, creak, squeak, boing, creak, squeak, boing, creak, squeak, boing, creak, squeak, boing, creak, squeak, boing, creak, squeak, boing, creak, squeak, boing, creak, squeak, boing, creak, squeak, boing

you get the picture

matt_outandabout

Our kids love it – endless hours on it and around the field on bikes. Just to annoy WCA 😉
    We have a proper TP one, it was uber cheap from tesco’s in the sale and it seems very well put together.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

So it was your kids that ruined our garden ‘love games’?!?

Her: I feel like we are being watched, do you?
    Me: Yes, no, yes, no, yes, no, yes, no, yes, no, yes, no, yes, no, yes, no, yes, no, yes, no, yes, no, yes, no, yes, no, yes, no…

bi6al
    Free Member

got a 10ft one from tescos in may tesco brand good quality ,ensure you buy one with a safety net.the 10ft one is just a nice size for my 3 yr old,dont forget it is going to take a large chunk of your garden up and that you will need to secure it to the ground against high winds.its great as my son loves bouncing and tiring himself out,must be better than sitting at tv,mine does not squeek at all.

MoreCashThanDash

LOL @ WCA!

headfirst
    Free Member

You don’t live in bear country do you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8AAribhbfc

One of my favourite clips ever.

teagirl
    Free Member

Killjoys are working well tonight! 😉

We had a Supertramp, around £600, in 2008 and it’s been so well used but I do have rules (usually ignored). It came with a video and a free class voucher for a British Trampoline Club which was invaluable. It’s stood the test of time, netting still in place and plastic intact.

stuey
    Free Member
    TiRed

We bought a Jump King Oval pod – 15ft – it’s huge, very well made, has a secure net and has resisted my kids best efforts to damage it. It was a bu66er to put together, mind… All those complex radii. How old are your kids and how big will they get? Buy large to avoid impacts, and one at a time. My friend broke his daughter’s leg bouncing together out of phase.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Garden tramplolines’ is closed to new replies.