Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Garage Floor – Self Levelling Compound?
  • Eddie_fb
    Free Member

Want to do my garage up to look like a motogp garage! Well, maybe just tidy it up a bit. I have a very rough concrete floor, and was wondering if any one has ever used this self levelling compound stuff? Apparently you pour it onto the floor, and it runs freely to cover the floor entirely. I'd like one that doesn't need painting afterwards, if that's possible, I've heard of ones with a latexy finish?

Any recommendations/pictures?

Cheers, Eddie

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

There are loads available. Not sure about "latexy" finish though. What you may have heard is people saying "we could latex the floor" because the powders are often mixed with a solution of latex (and I wish I could remember why…some did tell me once) before spreading them out.

If it's a big old area, you'll need a lot, and don't think you just mix it, pour it and let it do the work for you. You will have to spread it so a trowel will be needed and you need to work quickly enough, depending on the product you use. They start curing quite quickly.

And it's unlikely you'll get one that doesn't need painting – they tend to have quite dusty finishes.

Avoid the B&Q stuff.

brack
    Free Member

Fab stuff….the one I used dried rubbery

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    lowey

Sika latex floor levelling compound. It will need painting though but will do the job fine. Expect to pay about £8 for a 25kg bag.

trout
    Free Member

http://www.ardex.com/productDetail.asp?ContentID=14&ContentParentID=2&ProductCategoryID=0&ProductID=26

This stuff is one of the best for a wear surface but wont be cheap .

latex screeds dont like oil it softens them and not really hard enough to drive a car on repeatedly.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Garage Floor – Self Levelling Compound?’ is closed to new replies.