Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Gaming Laptop
  • ericemel
    Free Member

I am looking at getting a new laptop, with some gaming in mind. With out going silly, what graphics cards should I be looking for?

Any suggestions welcome!

Cheers

Drac

Which games are you talking about gaming laptops to get any descent performance and no problems cost.

ericemel
    Free Member

I have no games in mind actually, been out of PC gaming for a while. COD and WoW I guess as a starter.

Max £1500. But rather £1000

paradigmshift
    Free Member

You should look for graphics cards that are DirectX 10 compatible, for the latest generation of games. I think Dell and Asus do some comparatively cheap Gaming laptops.

Drac

For £1500 you’ll get one easy £1k you might get something that’ll do. DX10 isn’t necessary it’s not well supported yet and all games still use DX9 too.

Dell do some pretty good gaming laptops and Advent if you feeling like treating yourself then Alienware is where to go.

brassneck

WoW is perfect on a Macbook Pro, but that isn’t a cheap option.. though it runs OK on my older one (Core2 2.33, ATI x1600 256Mb, 2Gb RAM, upgraded to 7200rpm HDD). Playing Warhammer on it now in bootcamp and it chugs a bit in big RvR.

I’d agree Dell is probably the cheapest route with a bit of longterm backup. I think they own Alienware now anyway

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Gaming Laptop’ is closed to new replies.