Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • G2 fork to non G2 fork
  • ceejay64
    Free Member

Hello,
    i want to upgrade the g2 rockshox xc32 fork on my Trek mamba 29er. finding another g2 geometry fork is proving a little difficult.Has anyone got any suggestions for a reasonably priced replacement.Or can i fit a non g2 fork, but how will this effect the handling of the bike. I tried a Manitou 120mm non g2 fork but this cocked the handling right up when climbing, descending was ok. If i tried 100mm non g2 reba or recon for example would this be ok.
    many thanks.

fontmoss
    Free Member

I have a G2 fox off my superfly I don’t use (run a carbon niner) based in SW London if want a look at it. Email in profile if need it

ratherbeintobago

There is a list of 51mm offset forks here – Ibis Ripley is also G2, though it’s not called that.

I think the X-fusion Trace is 51mm offset too, but can’t seem to find the spec to confirm. Manitou Tower is 48mm.

sillyoldman

Non-G2 fork will slow the steering down as it increases the Trail. Longer fork also increases Trail, so long non-G2 will increase the Trail figure a lot and hence slow down the handling a lot. 100mm non G2 might suit you OK?

G2 is 51mm offset – not as unusual as it used to be. Fox 34s are all 51mm offset for example, and it’s an option on some RS forks.

Best bang for buck option would be to buy Fontmoss’s Fox forks though…

scotroutes

Cube 29ers also use a “G2” fork.

ceejay64
    Free Member

Thanks for the kind offer but i am in Devon.
    Any chance of some spec and a photo

fontmoss
    Free Member

In the midst of working 12 days in a row but old photos here

I’ll send some when get a chance but fire me an email if have a budget, not really sure how much to sell them for

ceejay64
    Free Member

Hi fontmoss tried your email but not sure if it worked.
    The forks look good in the pictures, what type of steerer tube do they have and what length? Also what type of Qr?
    Thanks for your help.
    CJ

fontmoss
    Free Member

Gets forwarded to another address which can take a while but should have worked unless you get a delivery notice failure. It’s 1 1/8th, normal qr but I’ve been using a 9mm bolt up with my 240 hub

merynella
    Free Member

I have a Gary Fisher Mamba 29er, five yrs old, and went from G2 Rockshox Dart 3 to non-G2 Recon Silver. Haven’t
    noticed any negatives re geometry.

ceejay64
    Free Member

Thanks for the reply
    How long have you had the recons?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘G2 fork to non G2 fork’ is closed to new replies.