Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Fussy Eaters – Help Needed
  • alpin
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKTsWjbjQ8E[/video]

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Brilliant Alpin!

😀

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

If she eats fish and you want to impress then cook a whole fish of a suitable size and quality.

A nice chicken turbot ( small one) perhpas. You want a fish of around 1 1/2 – 2 lbs.

Big sheet of foil, thin layer of finely chopped onions on it, seasoning, butter, garlic bit of tarragon ( just a small amount) place fish on top fold up foil until its as bowl shape, glass of white wine over it, seal up the parcel, cook in oven for 1/2 an hour or so. (maybe less) Open parcel up and cut into the fish to make sure the juices run clear – its cooked then.

Remove fish from parcel, pour the juices thru a sieve into a pot, reduce down a bit, add cream, season to taste. You now have a nicely cooked fish with a cream sauce.

Celeriac mash goes well with this. Salad as separate course or some basic veg.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    davidrussell
    Free Member

i guess i’m the only one who glanced at the thread title and misread it then 🙂

chvck
    Free Member

Fussy eater?

make a simple ragu: gently fry a diced onion and a diced garlic clove in oil DON’T BURN THE GARLIC add tin of tomatoes, oregano, basil, veg stock cube* some worcester sauce and a splurge of puree, red wine if you want, reduce.

brown off some sliced aubergine under the grill. (leave the skin on)

place it all in a baking tin, in layers like a lasagne and cover with grated mozzarella, at about 130-150 for 20 mins or so, or until the cheese is browned nicely, serve with simple salad and a nice Italian bread

*some veg stock cubes have chicken in them! be careful.

edit: be careful not to add too much salt, stock cube should be enough, but black pepper to season, if it’s a bit bitter, add some sugar to the ragu (not too much though)

Just tried this, didn’t quite cook the aubergine right so the skin was a bit tough. Really nice though! Might try it with courgettes next time 🙂

Lifer
    Free Member

Pig wool 😆

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Just wanted to say thanks for all the advice, it worked a treat. 😉

Made the roast vegetable coucous suggested by Organic and it was spot on. Plus, I’ve now got plenty of ideas for round 2.

Cheers folks!

sweaman2
    Free Member

I recommend Cranks Vegetarian Cookbook as a place to start (it may be out of print; mine is from years ago). Several good recipies in there including Dahls, Pies and other stuff.

glenh
    Free Member

Anything from here would be a good start:

Welcome To Prashad Drighlington

Went there for lunch today. It was ace.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Fussy Eaters – Help Needed’ is closed to new replies.