Home Forums Chat Forum Funny people not so funny no more

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 106 total)
  • Funny people not so funny no more
  • clevertrevor
    Free Member

Seeing that Rob Becket on tv lots and all I can think is his agent deserves a knighthood for getting a guy with so little talent so much work. Funny, no, entertaining, nae.

and I add to my list Mickey Flanagan, the polar opposite of funny.

Must be sometime in the noughties the need to be funny to be a well paid comedian ceased.

Who are your criminally bad comedians?

onehundredthidiot

Billy connoly just not funny over the past two decades. I guess illness and age have taken their toll mind you it’s hard to have working class Glasgow rage when you live the life of a multi millionaire in la.

clevertrevor
    Free Member

Yeah but back in the day he was comedy gold IMO. I shall forgive anyone who’s comedy skills have faded over time. It’s the never funny in the 1st place crew who get my goat.

kennyp
    Free Member

Lenny Henry. Brilliant on TISWAS. Kind of went downhill after that.

jambourgie
    Free Member

That guy that’s always on the panel shows with genuinely funny people like david mitchell etc. So unfunny I can’t even think of his name. Think he was in a shit sitcom as well. Seems like a nice guy, but not funny.

Also, Jack Whitehall. Why is he here?

Edit: Used to be funny. Misread the brief. These two were probably never funny. I nominate Bill Hicks. Gone right off the boil since the early nineties…

jimjam
    Free Member

clevertrevor
    Free Member

Do you mean Josh Widdicome, Jambourgie?

Totally agree if so.

clevertrevor
    Free Member

Rather than being Mr negative I’d like to think of a new comedian last 10 years I rate, but really struggling.

Drac

James Corden

Miranda

Michael McIntyre

Mrs Brown’s Boys

I could go on.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Drac.

clevertrevor
    Free Member

Oh good god, McIntyre hadn’t even thought of him. Top of my not funny list.

federalski
    Free Member

Haha, Beat me to it clevortrevor. Has to be Josh.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

<span style=”color: #444444; background-color: #eeeeee;”>James Corden</span>

NEVER FUNNY!!!

CountZero

@jimjam – we are of a like mind! I’ve laughed more after belting my elbow hard on a sharp corner than I have at any MacIntyre ‘joke’, and I use that word advisedly.
    Time Vine, on the other hand, is very funny, but he sticks to smart-ass one-liners.
    Oh, and Drac, I could have posted that list as well.

jimjam
    Free Member

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Ricky Gervais was really funny back in the days of The 11 O’clock show and to a lesser extent The Office, then I went through a phase of hating his “oh I’m so funny I laugh at my own jokes” thing. I still don’t find him funny but I do now like him as a human being.

jimjam
    Free Member

<div class=”bbp-reply-author”>CountZero
    <div class=”bbp-author-role”>
    <div class=””>Member</div>
    </div>
    </div>
    @jimjam – we are of a like mind! I’ve laughed more after belting my elbow hard on a sharp corner than I have at any MacIntyre ‘joke’,

I definitely laughed at him once, but then I used to drink. Heavily. A lot. And I still do, but good gawd he’s about as funny as North Korea.

chakaping

Used to be funny is much more interesting than just not funny.

Can I be the first to nominate woody Allen?

chakaping

Mickey Flanagan was amazing when I first saw him in a comedy club, he was supporting Sean Lock but stole the show.

His French bikey thing was a bit crap but the series he did on Sky last year was terrific.

andytherocketeer

McIntyre definitely top of my not funny list. Makes my ears bleed.

Roisin Conaty – so unfunny I had to google to see if she was actually supposed to be a comedian. I assumed she might supposed to be one, being a regular on 8 out of 10 cats does countdown.

Pretending to be a thick dunce seems to be a more important qualification to be a comedian now than actually being funny.

bikebouy
    Free Member

“comedy” well it’s going through a bit of a change in focus isn’t it.

Where once it was Jokes, then Mother In Law jokes, then just funny sketches, then sit com, then stand up rants, now it’s just middle of the road moaning..

Plenty of “comics’ I’m not interested in, I think the latest are better on TV as “very annoying entertainment chat show prattle” rather than Comedians.

slowoldman

Jimmy Carr.

perchypanther
    Free Member

I used to think I was funny.

This place soon disavowed me of that notion.

clevertrevor
    Free Member

Connaty indeed.

clevertrevor
    Free Member

SOS there must be some decent new comedians surely?

birky
    Free Member

Eddie Izzard

hodgynd
    Free Member

A couple more who get there money for zero talent :..Russell Howard & Dave Gorman ..

Katherine Ryan ..who cares if she is funny or not ..there is just something about her …mmm hmm

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

This thread is less a list of unfunny people and more a roundup of forum posters that have no sense of humour.

Drac

Look a Miranda fan.

hodgynd
    Free Member

Mr Poddy ..I have a wicked sense of humour ..Im even laughing at your post now ..

clevertrevor
    Free Member

PP you’re wrong, cos my profile on sadnlonely.com says GSOH 😜

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Roy Chubby Brown 😂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

“<span style=”color: #444444; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto;”>Rather than being Mr negative I’d like to think of a new comedian last 10 years I rate, but really struggling.”</span>

You need to get yourself out to some live comedy gigs on a regular basis. There’s some astonishingly good comedians around these days. We used to go to Hecklers at the West End Centre in Aldershot regularly and it was rare my face wasn’t hurting from laughing on the way home.

Of the bigger names mentioned above we’ve seen Sean Lock, Jimmy Carr and Dave Gorman live and I’d love to see Mickey Flannigan. I can also recommend Rich Hall,  Nina Conti and Rob Rouse as a few highlights we’ve seen.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Big Cook Little Cook

The Krankies

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

As a rough guess I’ve probably seen 200-odd comedians over the years. I can only think of one that was crap. He misjudged his audience and died an embarrassing death on stage. There’s been a few that weren’t my cup of tea but that’s not their fault. I dont like anything that goes political, for instance, so I don’t go and see comedians that do that specifically but sometimes there’s four or five on the bill and you get what you get.

SaxonRider

I think I laughed at something Gervais did once, but he is such a colossal shit as a human being, I have a hard time seeing past the person to the comedy.

Mind you, I suppose it was always Stephen Merchant writing his stuff for him anyway, so I guess there has never been any Gervais comedy to see through to.

In terms of people who are certainly not so funny now, and may never have actually been funny themselves at all, then… Ricky Gervais.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Really? So are you a religious nutter or do you hate animals?

SaxonRider

Really? So are you a religious nutter or do you hate animals?

A religious nutter. Actually a complete religious psycho. Also someone who despises smugness. And if there’s anything Gervais is par excellence, it is smug.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Bill Cosby.

Louis C.K

shakers97
    Free Member

Donald Trump. Once an idiot to laugh at now part of

any sane persons nightmares

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 106 total)

The topic ‘Funny people not so funny no more’ is closed to new replies.