Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Fully Rigid – fnar fnar!
  • Cheezpleez

I’ve had the Exotic carbon forks on my SS for a couple of years now. They’re great and have taken the odd jump/drop with no problem. I wouldn’t want to land hard on them from a height but they’d probably be fine.

Northwind

marvincooper – Member
    I’m thinking of maybe getting some carbon Exotics too. How are they for taking some clumsy riding? I’m not going to be doing jumps but will do the odd 2ft drop off and am not the best at landing well…

Mine seem tough, though I’m not a hard lander- been good for everyday jumping, drops etc. Though tbh if you want to do drops etc on rigids, you’ll want to learn better landing! Not so much for the forks’ sake as your own.

I’d recommend a decent size tyre… I use a 2.5 Nevegal in mine, I guess otherwise I’d use a Rubber Queen- not just wide but also tall, it’s the volume you want more than the width.

marvincooper

I don’t know if I’m that bad at landing (and I’m not particularly heavy), just that it’s never really been an issue with the sus forks.

Anyone heard of anyone breaking the exotic carbon fork? I can imagine it’s not a pleasent experience…

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Fully Rigid – fnar fnar!’ is closed to new replies.