Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Fulda Tyres?
  • boblo
    Free Member

Anyone heard of Fulda Carat’s? They are being sold as ‘German Goodyears’ locally and about 2/3rds the price of my ususal Brdgestone fare…

Experiences anyone

cupra
    Free Member

Can’t comment on the Carat’s but I have run Fulda tyres in the past and found them better in the wet than contis and easily as good in the dry (used on the same front wheel drive car). Someone will be along in a moment to say they are sh*t.

Hairychested
    Free Member

My mate has them on his Avensis (2001, 1.6l) and likes them. He doesn’t drive that much, maybe 40 miles per day, or aggressively but reckons he’d have them if he were to clock up many more miles.

donsimon
    Free Member

They are sh*t.

boblo
    Free Member

don simon – Member
    They are sh*t.

Very succinct. Would you care to elaborate or do you mean they are brown and stink? 🙂

donsimon
    Free Member

Just being predictable. (see cupra).

jp-t853

They seem to do alright Here

There are few different types of carat model though.

My wife had some on a fiesta a few years ago and they were fine.

boblo
    Free Member

They are Exelero’s <sp?>. Might not buy them on account of such a crap name 🙂

Are they ‘economy’ or ‘mid range’? I’ve always bought ‘premium’ and this is the first time considered cheaper, principly on the recomendation of the tyre chappies. BTW, he had loads of stock of other kit though mebbies his margin is better on these?

FWIW, I don’t care why if they are good uns.

benz
    Free Member

Seem to remember they worked just fine on my mates Sunbeam Lotus ’87-ish….well probably as well as anything else would…never quite got the hang of that little rascal….

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

We have Fulda Conveo Trac winter tyres on our motorhome. It will drive on/through snow no problem. I would definately buy them again or onsider them for another vehicle. £100 a corner for C-rated winter tyres is a good price too.

Inbred456
    Free Member

.never quite got the hang of that little rascal….
    No I don’t think many people do. Mate had a skip brown conversion 200+Bhp. Still to this day it was the best and worst car I’ve ever driven. I think he had Avon Turbospeed’s on it. Anyway back to topic I have only positive comments on Fulda’s. Good value and grip OK. If you want a tyre that lasts it will have a harder compound thus it’s grip will be reduced, you can’t get something for nothing!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Fulda Tyres?’ is closed to new replies.