Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 132 total)
  • Fugly bikes pic thread
  • sobriety
    Free Member

I that even a trek? It looks like someones bought 4 apollos and bodged them into one bike!

Lionheart
    Free Member

I think Woodys Trek is so ugly people are afraid to discuss it and are going off topic a bit.

Seriously people, that is the most appalling bike I have ever seen. We now need some sort of support group to help people who have seen the picture.

It is that bad!! I am still crying 2-3 mins later – even the dogs are upset !

Chumba looks good from here and Preston / Whyte in black is starting to look normal-ish.
    That Trek is truly desperate 😳

tomdebruin
    Free Member

The Kirk, it caused an audible shriek of horror.

FUGLY

mboy
    Free Member

In response to the comments about my Maverick, well beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and to me she ain't no fat lass… 😉

Seriously though, if you've never seen one up close, you won't appreciate all the tiny little design details that really contribute to it's appeal, some improving the way it rides, some just for aesthetics. They are very much a "form follows function" design, but that said, a lot of effort has gone into refining the design of the frame to attempt to make it look a bit more organic. You'll not find a sharp angle or an untidy weld anywhere…

I do understand that they are like marmite, you either love them or hate them, but by the same token, who says that a bike frame should look a particular way, and that the bulges are in the "wrong" places on a Maverick? I'd argue strongly that ANY Marin or Whyte full sus bike is distinctly uglier than any Maverick.

Fair play to the guy with the Kirk Precision though, not only was it made of magnesium, but it was an E-stay design, but also it was bright pink! Nice one…

Woody
    Free Member

I think Woodys Trek is so ugly people are afraid to discuss it and are going off topic a bit.

Yes it is a Trek and was bloody expensive in it's day. It would have been easier and more aesthetically pleasing to weld a couple of girders together…in fact I think thats how they built the swinging-arm as it weighs about 12lbs on its own,

Back on topic – I have also recently acquired an ML8 😯

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Back on topic – I have also recently acquired an ML8

I'm cleary guessing here, but you either/or a)ride on your own alot, miles from anyone who might see your bike-de-jour and b) your eyesight is worse than mine, and worse than you think……. 😉

downshep

robdob
    Free Member

I'm afraid to ask, but is there a bigger picture and more info about that Trek? I suppose it's like reading those "worst ever disaster/murders" books – it's grim but fascinating.

ZaskarCarbon
    Free Member

Here's one of mine:

and here's another:

and to top it all off:

GaryLake
    Free Member

This thread ended after the first Whyte PRST was posted.

ZaskarCarbon
    Free Member

This thread ended after the first Whyte PRST was posted.

Haha yeah, ugly as a badly loaded skip and creaky as a silvercross pram.

clubber
    Free Member

They were even worse when the ball joint started to get play…

IHN

They were even worse when the ball joint started to get play…

Aren't we all…

jackthedog
    Free Member

I'm afraid to ask, but is there a bigger picture and more info about that Trek? I suppose it's like reading those "worst ever disaster/murders" books – it's grim but fascinating.

I recall one of the team riders having his painted blue on one side, white on the other which caused a lot of confusion for the course marshals. As if it wasn't bad enough.

I haven't looked at this thread all day and now I'm back I realise I'd forgotten just how truly, sick makingly aesthetically catastrophic that thing really is. Sweet bloody jesus.

Drac

Dear God I was hoping no one would post a Whyte Preston.

I owned a Kirk Revolution too and I have a Orange 7+ but I would never buy something as ugly as those whytes.

Skid-Mark
    Free Member

I quietly sobbed when I saw the B 17 nominated. How could you! I remember buying one cira 1997 having done a "test ride" out the back of the shop which consisted of riding up and down a curb twice!!

Having carried out an exhaustive test, I bought the thing. It was a beauty and looked after me ever though it was totally taken for granted and never given any TLC!

Woody
    Free Member

LOL @ Bristolbiker – uncannily accurate on all points 😆

Not much info on them I'm afraid but CLICKY HERE for some MTBR reviews and find out what a magnificent animal it is.

I've only built it up and ridden it once round the woods many years ago as I couldn't find a rear brake adaptor, but I can confirm it is the stiffest/plushest bike I have ridden…. and also the heaviest! I'm pretty sure it also has the blue on one side, white on the other.

I have a few days off at the end of the week and probably have enough bits lying around to build it up. I will also post a series of large pics unless I receive considerable donations via Paypal gift. Email in profile 8)

brakes
    Free Member

sweeeet

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

this is well up there in the ugly stakes, and all for only £5000

http://thelazyrando.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/jeff-jones-bike.jpg

clubber
    Free Member

But do you own it. Read the rules at the start of the thread. 😉

they are fugly of course though.

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

These beautiful creations supposedly cost around £50,000!

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/9280/honda3vm.jpg[/IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

No i dont own it…………… i can only dream!

tumnurkoz
    Free Member

Surprised a Jones didn't find it's way onto this thread earlier! I'll stand up, i have a Whyte E5

I really like it, and wouldn't have considered it until i saw it in the 'flesh' By god, that trek is foul! pass the barf bag, i just clicked on the Jones link above, wow, hope the rider survived the crash…

Jamesy
    Free Member

excellent thread , the trek and whyte Preston win hands down. don't agree with the ellsworth being ugly and joey wrong with the above e5 ! I like it ..

Jamesy
    Free Member

*nothing not joey damn phone spell checker 🙂

Dibbs
    Free Member

Here's my old PRST4 (taken a few years ago after returning from a SPC)

JohnClimber
    Free Member

2. Because it rides much better than I can

HansRey

strange that a 24seven DH hasnt been mentionned. I haven't got a picture of my old one, but here's a stock…

i loved the bike, but i accept that it's made of the finest scaffolding

clubber
    Free Member

I'm not sure that that's really fugly – just extremely functional. It doesn't come close to the Trek or Whytes

ZaskarCarbon
    Free Member

Although the one in the pic isn't mine – I did used to have one, I'm afraid to say:

And, I NEVER had one of these, but for some strange reason I always wanted one. Still do if I could find one that looked like this little beauty!:

tinsy
    Free Member

Whats that colourful thing? I want one and I want one right now.. 🙂

Corratec, or corrotec??

Edit, never seen one before but loads about and still making them, but sadly not in those colours..

clubber
    Free Member

Corratec – as raced by Jan Ostergaard in the late 90s

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=42806&highlight=

Woody
    Free Member

I thought this was for fugly bikes………that Corratec is stunning and I would love those wheels without the tyres!

bristolbiker
    Free Member

RE: That Corratec. I still have my Grundig W/C T-shirts from Newnham in the mid-90's when that bike was the stuff of (wet) dreams!!! 😉

RealMan
    Free Member

WTF is that saddle?!?! AND 2 steering dampers?!?! WTF????LOL!!!!! OMG!?!?!

Says it all, really.

tumnurkoz
    Free Member

+1 for the lovely Corratec! lol @ "joey"!

adeward
    Free Member

come on guys you should read the original post,,, it's only bikes you have owned and loved,,

edhornby

My cousin got hold of a kirk magnesium road bike with a white frame

it was christened 'the fridge' 🙂 I always thought they were cool and at least they had a go at doing something original

it's the black marin that's ming

Kato

That Whyte E5 is NOT ugly

joolsburger
    Free Member

She's a moose but I love her

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 132 total)

The topic ‘Fugly bikes pic thread’ is closed to new replies.