Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Fuel shortages soon then
  • project
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-16702584

Oil refinery comapny bust, and now the tanker drivers are on strike

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-humber-16696473

Well more peeps on bikes and buses and coaches, and the usual pictures of queuing cars at petrol filling stations getting fuel.

And theyre queuing up already round here.

spacemonkey

ExxonMobile, the owner of the Fawley Refinery on Southampton Water, told the BBC its stock levels for London and the South East remained good and it would continue to deliver to forecourts as normal.

Could be bollocks. Could be true. No unusual queues round here (Surrey) so far.

ciderinsport
    Free Member

Oh no Panic!! The BBC are telling us to (again) 😉

camo16
    Free Member

So are we or aren’t we doomed? I’m confused.

Cougar

Better start panic-buying before everyone else does, then.

TBH, It’ll probably not be too bad so long as no-one posts scaremongering threads all over the Internet.

Oh.

jon1973
    Free Member

So are we or aren’t we doomed? I’m confused

Maybe we are, maybe we aren’t.

I hope that clarifies things for you a little.

sobriety
    Free Member

Dailymail

we’re doomed, apparently.

jon1973
    Free Member

Dailymail

Daily Mail eh? Let me guess, is it the fault of illegal immigrants claiming benefits?

Cougar

They come over here, using our fuel…

project
    Free Member

Better start panic-buying before everyone else does, then.

TBH, It’ll probably not be too bad so long as no-one posts scaremongering threads all over the Internet

Thankfully ive just filed up the Range Rover Sport with Petrol, and the spare van as well.

binners

I wonder if the Daily Mail, as well as predicting the country grinding to a halt due to fuel shortages, had an editorial piece on the next page about why we should bomb Iran?

Probably 🙄

WackoAK
    Free Member

I like how the MP mentions a possible effect on the Olympics, cretin.

konabunny
    Free Member

I don’t want to be alarmist about this, but I don’t want to be dishonest either. Supplies across London and the South East could be affected and I have been told this could impact the Olympics

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Total bollocks. It’ll be placed into receivership and the receiver will keep selling product on cash terms because it’s the best way to pay debts.

jon1973
    Free Member

The Daily Mail never fails to deliver when it comes to readers quotes;

the fuel prices in my eyes are too cheap british people moan as most them are on benefits and live in the north
    – james, mayfair, 24/1/2012 13:38

mudshark
    Free Member

harsh but fair

duckman

WackoAK – Member
    I like how the MP mentions a possible effect on the Olympics, cretin.

Posted 12 minutes ago # Report-Post

Oh are there olympics on this year?

jon1973
    Free Member

i dont think the fuel prices are that bad i have a well paid job so i am alright people need to work longer and harder
    – john, canary wharf, 24/1/2012 11:59

Stoner
    Free Member

james, mayfair

john, canary wharf

top trolling.

I imagine there’s a “Brian, The Barbican” and a “Herbert, Fitzrovia” in there somewhere too 😉

Stoner
    Free Member

Told you:

who cares i have money lovely car put the fuel prices up so people who are too lazy to work will have to work
    – pandora, london, 24/1/2012 13:35

someone’s teasing the guardian-reading infiltrators!

GaryLake
    Free Member

just filed up the Range Rover Sport

So now you’ve got it home, it’s almost empty again right? 😉

project
    Free Member

It does about 24 to the gallon,

Edukator
    Free Member

They’ve got so much surplus petrol in Rotterdam they send tankers of the stuff to the US. It can’t be that hard to divert one to Blighty.

project
    Free Member

They just asked on Channel 4 news how long a refinery can go on refineing fuel, when its got knowhere to go.

Easy, it blows up, like Buncefield,or you switch it off.

Wonder if they will sell the stock off cheap, like when woolworths and Habitat shut.

TooTall
    Free Member

Easy, it blows up, like Buncefield,or you switch it off.

Not quite like Buncefield – which was a depot, not a refinery. Coryton could probably give a uch bigger bang if the power station there went up as well. It would shift the fuel by pipeline anyway.

derekrides
    Free Member

Fuel sales down year on year what was it a million litres plus, they need some reason to hike prices, that place counts for twenty per cent of the south east, that’s all.

The administrators are in, that means they want to continue to run the business as a going concern, scare the workers into a pay cut, whilst letting the Press know there will be shortages so all us sad bastards go out and queue to keep tanks full and of course up will go the price, the administrators will make more money they won’t have to pay any of their creditors – everyone’s happy..

It’s bollox, a scam and we take it every time, the meeja gets sucked in, we take the price hike, what with this and the threat to close the straits of hormous..no idea how to spell it.

It winds me right up this.

Have you seen just how many refineries there are? And they are under capacity, don’t these journos ever dig deeper than the shit they are fed..

Edukator
    Free Member

“don’t these journos ever dig deeper than the shit they are fed.”

No.

Drac

Meh! I can always get fuel.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

My heating oil ran out tonight prompting me to check what I paid last fill and quote for a fresh fill, but what I found was that in 09 I paid £10 more for 1029l than i’ll pay tomorrow for 500. my income hasn’t doubled, but seemingly all else has.

grantway
    Free Member

No Shortages has it only supplied 1/5th of the fuel for the whole country
    But sad to hear people maybe losing there jobs.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

No Shortages has it only supplied 1/5th of the fuel for the whole country

Yeah it might be alright for you, but I live in the 1/5th of the country that Coryton’s in 😐

grantway
    Free Member

Na ernie not far from me I’m in East london

konabunny
    Free Member

The administrators are in, that means they want to continue to run the business as a going concern, scare the workers into a pay cut, whilst letting the Press know there will be shortages so all us sad bastards go out and queue to keep tanks full and of course up will go the price, the administrators will make more money they won’t have to pay any of their creditors – everyone’s happy..

This is complete pish. The administrators don’t get the best price for the company and its products by circulating rumours that the company’s going to shut down and be unable to deliver on new sales commitments.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

The administrators don’t get the best price for the company and its products by circulating rumours that the company’s going to shut down and be unable to deliver on new sales commitments.

Doesn’t the consumer get the hint that something might be up when the administrators are called in ?
    I think at that stage we have gone beyond “rumours” – no ?

Edukator
    Free Member

A good incentive to insulate your home Gavethesk8er.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Back in a sec. Just going to change into my Mad Max costume and gather together the rotten old cartridges for the sawn off shotgun.

I shall then get in my awesome gas guzzler and drive off into oblivion. Or maybe the supermarket, we’re running low on roasted vegetable couscous

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Fuel shortages soon then’ is closed to new replies.