• This topic has 11 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by igm.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • FS suggestions for 6ft2 16stone
  • al-london
    Free Member

Hi, I am 6ft2 and 16stone so not small. I am looking at suggestions for my first FS bike. Currently do Xc and singletrack which I have a Kona hardtail for but I want to try some of the welsh trail centres.

Dont really want to spend more than 1500. Was looking at the Cannondale Prophet 2 and Trek EX7 but not sure what else is worth looking at. Ideally easy to set up and maintain. I am very technical just very lazy 🙂

Alex

si_brodiebikes
    Free Member

From tomorrow (monday) we are offering our Chumba XCL frame’s at £799 reduced from £1399 for a limited period only. With some choice parts i reckon you could build up a bike for your budget. The XCL has 5″ travel pretty light but is built to take some abuse, will easily work with someone a bit larger than normal 😉

squattingmouse
    Free Member

I’m your height and weigh 95kg ish. I’m riding a coiler using a 5th Element shock and 600lb spring so it’s not hard to get it sorted. So far (about 7 months) the only thing to go wrong was the front shifter when I mashed it.

PapaWheelie
    Free Member

I’m 6ft3, 16 stone and ride a Specialized Stumpjumper.
    It can handle the easy trails on Vancouver’s North Shore (2 feet is a huck for me) and xc’s well.
    Just pump in more air into the Fox fork and shock and it’s all good.

solamanda
    Free Member

Si, your speed at replying with offering your imported frames is improving ;o)

Lummox

look out for a second hand orange five? best purchase i’ve made, i’m 6’5″ and 110kg, i have total confidence in this bike.

freakcrab
    Free Member

For your budget the Cannondale Prophet sounds like an excellent choice.
    Nice tough spec and simple single pivot.

z1ppy

Prophet or maybe a 5 if you have the cash.
    (same height & weight with a Prophet here)

al-london
    Free Member

Z1ppy what size did you go for? I am not sure on m/l I currently ride a 19″ Kona.

Alex

rOcKeTdOg

6ft 2 15st, fuel ex8, can’t recommend it enough

z1ppy

I went for a large, had sat on several medium’s and found them way too short, even when just ‘sat’ on them. It is seems quite long but I prefer that with this bike.

(I have a 18″ inbred, a 17″ marin full-susser & a C’dale gemini 19″)

igm

Orange Five here at a similar weight (if a couple of inches shorter).

It’s reliable and rides a bit like a bike

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘FS suggestions for 6ft2 16stone’ is closed to new replies.