Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Front Hope Pro2 Bearing Change Help Please.
  • andylux
    Free Member

My front pro2 hub has developed some play in the bearings, its fitted for 20mm axle at the mo. I've removed the outer spacers to expose the bearings which has confirmed that new bearings are required.

I can't find a technical video on Hopes Website explaining how to change the bearings in this hub.

Is it possible and ok to use a piece of metal bar & a hammer to push the 2 bearings and the inner spacer from one side out to the other, then knock the new bearings in using a correctly sized socket and hammer??

I would really appreciate your comments, advice & experience of doing this please.

Cheers.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

IIRC you have to knock each bearing out from the middle to the outside.

You can get purchase with a drift by pushing the central spacer to one side. So long drift in thru the bearing on one side, knock the central space to one side then drift the bearing out – then you will have easy access for the second one

To refit yes you can use a suitable size socket – the key thing is only to hit on the outer race – never on the inner race.

Heat the hub – tie a rag around it and pour bioling water ocver it ad freeze the new bearings

grumm
    Free Member

I used a screwdriver and a hammer to get them out – and a hammer and socket to put the new ones in. Was fairly easy really, though I did have to hammer one side pretty hard to get it in.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jemima
    Free Member

One big tip I have is when you are hammering away make sure the hub body is well supported. If the disk mount tabs take any of the force they might break off. Apparently…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Front Hope Pro2 Bearing Change Help Please.’ is closed to new replies.